Where to find gray "gasket" material

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by paklein58, Oct 27, 2018.

1. paklein58

paklein58 New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    I need to replace the gray gasket material that is at the top of my lower door and the top of the upper door. It appears to be the same material so maybe you can buy a roll of it to cut to size? I have tried googling for it but no luck. I'm hoping I can find it online. Anybody know of a source or even what it's "officially" called so my google searches are successful? TIA

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    A picture, and make and model of camper might be helpfull.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Look at camper shell or camper topper tape. Maybe larger than you need, but very handy and easy to cut.

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Any RV dealer should have what you're looking for. If you want to buy online, you might check Camping World or Trailside RV.

Good luck. [:)C]

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
  6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I also need the weather stripping so I called my local RV dealer to see if they had any in stock. They told me I had to send a picture to them to see if they had the correct product in stock. Apparently, there is more than one type depending on if you have a channel or not, so you will need to know exactly which type of stripping you will need.

Mine looks like this:
    Stripping 01.JPG Stripping 03.JPG

7. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    BikeNFish,
    Might check here $4

http://www.robertssales.com/parts.html
    [​IMG]

8. BikeNFish

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Yep. Thanks, I've already checked them out. I am lucky enough to have several RV dealers 20 minutes or less away and another RV service center a couple miles down the road. I few months ago I saw one of them had some weather stripping on the shelf. Between the three of them, I am trying to figure out at which one I saw it.

I always give my local guys the first chance for my business but have Robert's on my list if the locals fail me. Robert's has the best website I have seen as far as information for my pup. Love their "Tutorials" section.

JPBar likes this.
  9. paklein58

paklein58 New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Yes, BikeNFish, that is exactly the weatherstripping I need.

10. BikeNFish

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    My local RV dealer said that they have some in stock that I will be picking up today or tomorrow. They said they have three colors in stock - white, black and beige (no gray). They said that it comes in a 12(?) foot roll for about $12. It's more than I need, but it seems that more is better in my case. I keep damaging the stripping because I am constantly opening and closing the travel door while the top is down.

11. BikeNFish

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    UPDATE:
    Good news - I went to the RV dealer to pick up the 12 feet of weather stripping the service guy described in our exchange of phone calls and emails and said he had in stock.
    Bad news - It was the WRONG STUFF!!:mad: I don't know how he could not tell that the pictures I sent did not look like the product on his shelf. DUHHHH!!!!
    Good news - On the shelf behind me, kind of hidden from view, was the CORRECT ONE! The correct product comes in two foot strips that can be cut to length (approx. 21 inches). I bought two.:)
    Bad news - The pup in now in Wisconsin, stored for the winter.:(
    Good news - I will replace the weather stripping in the spring and now have something to look forward to for the next six freakin' long and cold months!o_O

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  12. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Nothing wrong with keeping your pup in Wisconsin!

13. BikeNFish

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Yup. I zipped in and zipped out.

neighbormike likes this.
  14. Marin

Marin New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I was able to find the replacement for mine, exact fit on a 1991 Jayco at http://www.canvasreplacements.com. Hope this helps, if you call them the lady there has catalog for the manufacturer and is able to drop ship anything. She was able to find some pretty rare items.