Which camp site would you choose?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by tntom, Jan 17, 2010.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    We went to this one site in Virginia I think it was where the 120VAC power Pedestal feed two trailers. This would great if one trailer backed in and the other trailer would drive in forward... That the first site I ever ran across where they were both fed by the same Power Pole Pedestal.

Right away you notice if both trailers backed in then one is all happy with smiles the other camper has a power cable and HDTV cable running across the patio area haha...

I was the one on good to go side... So I just swapped with him as I had extension cords and long HDTV cable and it wouldn't have made any different which side I would setup on... Then both of us were smiling hehe... The next couple of days I was watching HDTV from the cable and it went blank on me. Then I noticed the guy was packing up to leave so he had pulled the HDTV cable TV TEE connection and left with the TEE haha... My cable was just laying on the ground. He could have at least hooked me backup to the cable...

Everybody gets a hurry and forgets to smell the roses I reckon...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

2. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I noticed you have a failed link to your PHOTOBUCKET photos,,, I do alot of photos in my posts and had a bunch of them working from the PHOTOBUCKET site. I finally broke down this morning and found all of my favorite photos I most often send out and got them altogether now and they are now using free IGMUR PHOTO PROGRAM to assign the public HTTPS address needed to post them. Took a few hours but I think I am finally back in business now...

I can post this with a just a few click click click...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image ELKMONT CAMP

I was also noticing that some of the forums are also not accepting an unsecure HTTP: address verses HTTPS: Hopping I am good to go now for a few more months IMGUR will probably be the next Photo Program going to PAID instead of FREE... At least now I have all of my favorite PHOTOs to use in the same folder so it will be easy for me to adapt when the next hatchet falls...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Maybe the picnic table is just chained since the campground is officially closed for the season to prevent theft, call the office and ask

4. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    That user hasn't logged into the portal in almost 5 years.

5. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Thanks - I noticed that too later on - One of my dis functions here is to check activity dates... If it shows up on my latest posts I usually don't look for their previous activity...

I spent all day yesterday getting all of my PHOTOBUCKET photos that I like to post moved to a different posting program. Hopefully that is going to keep me from getting the ERROR message haha... I am only left now with the problem of using GOOGLE SEARCH as one of my posting program as no matter what forum you are using everything is sent to google and can be searched by looking for a specific keywords. I have a few unique words to me only in my signature file so when I search for them almost 99% of the images I find on GOOGLE SEARCH are mine. In my case I just type in K9PHT 14RT in the google search form and when it loads up I select IMAGES... Almost all of the pictures that show up are mine... The photos images all have the HTTP address in the photos. It is click click to add these to new posts. However now I have a problem alot of those will still have the PHOTOBUCKET filenames and also may only have HTTP: addresses that some of the forums here are now looking for HTTPS: addresses. My bad GOOGLE SEARCH ones will slowly get all replaced with the new formatted photos hopefully...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

My question is... did Tom ever pick his spot 7 years ago? :)