WHY DIDN'T WE DO THIS SOONER!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by momofEAP, Sep 4, 2017.

1. momofEAP

momofEAP Member

Jan 24, 2015
    We survived! My DH and I had decided to purchase our first ever ntu pop up a few weeks ago. When we finally found the one for use we jumped (a little faster than we should have) at it. We brought it home on Tuesday and were at the campground by Saturday. The kids were all excited and even helped sweep it out. We knew the first time out wouldn't run smoothly but surprisingly didn't have too many hiccups! The major one being getting used to the kids shaking the camper whenever they moved. (It takes quite a while for our middle child to fall asleep and is a restless sleeper all night.) We were able to try out the add-a-room and discovered we can't use it until the issues with the awning are resolved.
    After spending the weekend relaxing with the kids we came home and now have a clearer picture of the mods that we "need" to make!

Now, where can we find some extra money for those mods???

2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Congrats on a fun first trip! Do you have stabilizers on both front and rear of the camper? Ours came with them only on the rear and we had the same problem. Our first mod was adding them to the front and it helped a lot!

3. TrailManorMan

TrailManorMan New Member

May 17, 2017
    NE Ohio
    Enjoy the ntu camper

momofEAP likes this.
  4. momofEAP

momofEAP Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Chrissy,
    We do have them on all four corners but DH heard/read that scissor jacks help a bunch. We will be getting them before camping next summer. First thing we have to take care of is one of the bed slides is messed up, so we will have to get that taken care of!

5. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Enjoy!