Winterizing plumbing that hasn't been used

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by POPUP MUNKY, Sep 9, 2017.

1. POPUP MUNKY

POPUP MUNKY New Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    Hey guys and gals. Pretty straightforward post. I was wondering if I need to winterize the plumbing on my trailer even though we literally have never used it. We bought our A122BH earlier this year. The only thing I have read on these forums about winterizing the plumbing is from people that actually use it. Thoughts?

2. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    I'd at least blow out the lines to be sure there is no residual water in the faucets or pump housing in case the dealer tested the system.

DiamondGirl and xxxapache like this.
  3. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    And pull the water heater plug to make sure it is empty.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  4. POPUP MUNKY

POPUP MUNKY New Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    Cool I'll definitely look into those. Hey thanks for the help!

DiamondGirl likes this.
  5. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE
  6. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    If the plumbing hasn't been used, there is nothing to winterize. If it only has air in the system, air won't freeze.

7. AFramed!

AFramed! Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If you bought from the dealer more than likely they ran water in the system prior to delivery. If you bought as private sale you should assume you need to address any regular maintence issue yourself to be certain on what and how things were handled. Winterizing an Aframe start to finish with supplies at the ready takes maybe a half hour. Cheap insurance, peace of mind and maybe a easier/cheaper start to next years camping season.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  8. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Our dealership prepared the Aliner for the final demonstration/training session. They filled the tanks with water, cooled down the fridge, installed a new battery, filled both propane tanks, detailed the interior, washed the exterior and etc. They charged for this service so it's not cheap. But it's also to confirm everything is in working order during your pick-up. The Aliner was ready to go camping.

I would confirm no water is in the water tank and water heater. Winterizing isn't hard to do. You want to be safe rather than sorry. Re-plumbing because you didn't winterized is a pain, costly, and time consuming. I follow LoneWolf55's YouTube channel for Aliner maintenance, modifications and information.

You have a different brand but some items may be similar.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

JPBar likes this.