Wisconsin Ridge Campground at Wyalusing SP Review

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by BAPU, Jun 21, 2017.

1. BAPU

BAPU Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Wyalusing State Park Review - SW Wisconsin near Prairie du Chien

We visited the Wisconsin Ridge Campground managed by Wisconsin State Parks in June 2017, staying there in our pop-up on site 120. The park also has Homestead Campground, but we recommend Wisconsin Ridge because the views and sunsets are amazing!

This campground is set along a high ridge that overlooks the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers. There is one long loop road that goes along the ridge, with the inner sites electric. All but one of the outer ridge sites are non-electric. About half the sites are reservable. The view is so incredible that it would be worth getting a ridge-side site without electricity. The site are all fairly level and include a picnic table and fire ring. Most sites have some sort of shade.

The bathhouse is very nice with plenty of bathroom stalls and individual showers opening to the outside. A concession stand with basic essentials and firewood is at the top of the ridge. The terrain around the campground is steep in places, so your calves will be feeling it.

We will be going back to Wyalusing again!! You can read a full review of state park/campground and see photos on our camping blog: http://letscampsmore.com/wyalusing/
    [​IMG]

megcabra, neighbormike and Andy G. like this.
  2. prop630

prop630 Member

May 19, 2017
    Aurora, IL
    Looks like a great place, we're going to have to check that out. Thanks for posting the review.

3. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I'm glad you liked it! I loved that park when we went there a couple years ago.

4. BAPU

BAPU Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I owe my gratitude to you for suggesting it.

5. BAPU

BAPU Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Thank you! We will be making our reservations for next year soon!

6. Sinnistrad

Sinnistrad New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    Managed to back the pup 180° into the tent site nextdoor on the weekend of the 17th. Hiked the bluff trail at 6am right after it reopened. Guess they closed it again after last weekends rain.

20170619_054445.jpg 20170617_161632_020.jpg

CamperMike and prop630 like this.
  7. BAPU

BAPU Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Great shots! Our reservations for next year have been made.

8. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Tried to reserve a site on the edge for next year already.... sadly.... all sites (except tent sites) on the outer edge are all reserved every weekend from June to October 2018 May have to try and reserve for 2019 LOL

9. Sinnistrad

Sinnistrad New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    Most of them are first come first serve, unreservable. Showing up Wed is the way to go for those. The Wisconsin State Parks have gotten crazy busy reservation wise over the last couple years. Lot of them are booking 100% full 11 months in advance. I check the system every morning at 9am when the system opens for the next day in the 11 month window.

10. Andy G.

Andy G. New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    WI
    We have reservations In June 2019. Havent been there since I was a kid, and I miss it.

neighbormike likes this.