Wonder Pooch, Moses, hopped the external creek looking for bunnies and squirrels to harass.

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by CO Hiker, Apr 15, 2017.

1. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Colorado
    I love everyone of my dogs and yet Moses was "my" dog. Not by my choice but his. The family that owned him before us, took off his collar and threw him out on the coldest Feb night of the year. A neighbor took him in but couldn't afford to keep him and brought him to me. It wasn't our first meeting. He use to run the open space above the house chasing deer and rabbits for fun. I found him limping one day with a large cactus spine in his paw and he readily let me remove it, licking my face as a thank you. Last year they found a tumor in his small intestines and was able to remove it and part of the lymph node. Four rounds of chemo later and you never knew he had ever been affected. The vet warned us that intestinal cancers can be aggressive and usually resurface in a year. We got to spend 15 more months with him but the cancer returned and really hit him hard. He was a phenomenal friend, constant adventurer, amazing personality, and we have some excellent adventures under our belt/collar. My heart is crushed Moses.jpg

xZoomerZx likes this.
  2. Ductape

Ductape Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your bud.

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    What a priceless photo of your beautiful dog! It is the obvious that Moses found great joy in his life with you.
    My deepest condolences.

4. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    He'll be waiting on the Rainbow Bridge for when you come by

5. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    So sorry to hear of the loss of your furry friend. He looks so happy in your photo!