Working on a bike rack for my little Starcraft

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by ccarley, Jul 17, 2015.

1. ccarley

ccarley New Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I suppose this is a bit of a different bike than what most would think when I say "bike rack", but it's still a bike rack, right? [:D]

[​IMG]

So, has anyone done this before? The bike is small, but I'll be checking that tongue weight again. Might need to balance it with some weight in the rear (I don't normally carry water, but the tank is in the back).

Clay

2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Like the vintage bike, what year is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. ccarley

ccarley New Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Thanks! It's a 1978 Yamaha DT100 I found for an incredibly low price... Those old Enduro's are pretty inexpensive sometimes, and super cool (I think, at least). This model is pretty small, here it is next to my 4 year old daughter:

[​IMG]

Clay

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I have a feeling that the tongue weight will increase a bit. Nice looking bike..

5. ccarley

ccarley New Member

Sep 23, 2014
    As cool as the bike rack was going to be, I no longer have the need to install it. I came up with a different solution:

[​IMG]

A new tow vehicle [:D] Now I have plenty of room in the bed for the bike and our supplies. However, we are headed out this Friday, and I need a few things for the new truck before then!

Clay

6. blackbear

blackbear We want to do this for a living !!!

Jul 19, 2012
    Great idea for any "bike" enthusiast who doesn't want to leave any wheels home!

7. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    Oh oh...new truck = TT in your future...lol just kidding...although I did go that route almost 8 yrs after I bought my new truck. First thing I bought for my truck was the canopy to keep my stuff dry....