Yellowstone and Grand Teton tips

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by JoshMacdonald, Jul 9, 2017.

1. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    Smoke....
    Outside of Leadore ID, a valley between the Beaverhead and Lemhi ranges...you can barely see the Lemhi range in this photo taken yesterday AM when I came down from the Beaverhead range....
    [​IMG]

Arlyn Aronson and bob barnes like this.
  2. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    My son lives in Branson he knows all the shortcuts to get places me I get into all the traffic jams even with millions spent there to improve traffic flow its still a big mess!!!

3. 1114vontagen

1114vontagen New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    We were in Yellowstone in mid July. It was the end of our cross country trip. (see www.afordontheLincoln.blogspot.com) I understand your frustration as our trailer is merely an old tent trailer, and we were driving in our Mustang convertible. Still we were aware of the rules beforehand and only had enough food for the day and that was locked in the trunk of the Mustang. I've seen what a bear can do to a car and its paintjob. We were camped one night in Idaho and the people next to us, after repeated bear visits to their unkempt site decided to put their cooler and food box in the bed of their pickup. Those bears have long sharp nails.