Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Josh Stockman, Oct 21, 2018.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Yup, still there: https://koa.com/campgrounds/yellowstone-park/

2. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

May 19, 2016
    MNTCamper is absolutely right in what they said about length.

A standard pull through site at Grant Village should accommodate you just fine. Not that the reservation site is all that helpful in letting you know that. LOL

As long as you can get your rig around the "U", it's fine, and you will be able to do that with your size rig. For reference, we were assigned site I-283 at Grant Village and had no problems with our rig- 12 foot box PUP and approx. 16 foot TV. Having a TV your size would not have been an issue.

As MNTCamper said, the longer spots are meant for motor homes and really long trailers, not for PUPs.

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    My site (179) at Grant Village in 2017. Camper is 24ft when opened plus the 20ft (with kayak sticking out) and as you can see, plenty of room. It was a bit tight when I went to leave in the morning. Some of those trees are right against the pavement.
    IMG_6971.jpg

4. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

May 19, 2016
    ^^^ That's pretty much what ours looked like as well. Except we did some creative maneuvering to get the door faced away from the roadway. :grin:

PopUpSteve likes this.
  5. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Same for me in Grant - I actually pulled in the opposite way so I could have the door face the picnic table and fire ring. You are also right that they could probably stand to trim some of the tree branches that hang into the pull through. Not an issue driving through, but when you go to pop up - issues then. We left real early in the morning, so the 200 feet we had to go the "wrong" way was not an issue.

PopUpSteve likes this.