1987 restored one wing Coleman Colorado camper now available!

Diane LaHue

Jun 28, 2022
Hi! Everyone!
I now have the restored 1987 one wing Coleman Colorado camper for ready to go! She has new tires (plus a spare), all working electric, completely new canvas top, sides, cover and original manual. Since I've invested quite a bit, I'm asking $5500.
Would love to see her go to someone who loves her as much as I do. (Unfortunately, some unexpected health problems have ended my camping days.)

I am in Columbus, Ohio and here are some pics. Just in time for fall camping!
Thanks,
Diane CAMPER 1.jpg CAMPER 2.jpg CAMPER 3.jpg CAMPER MANUAL.jpg

ConleeR

Aug 27, 2022
Columbus, Ohio
Hi there,
I am also in the Columbus area and used to own one of these and loved it!! It's exactly what I'm looking for. What is the weight? I'm trying to decide if my car can pull it. I know we used to pull ours with a Jetta.
Conlee

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Hi there,
I am also in the Columbus area and used to own one of these and loved it!! It's exactly what I'm looking for. What is the weight? I'm trying to decide if my car can pull it. I know we used to pull ours with a Jetta.
Conlee
On the Coleman brochure for 1987 (on the colemanpopupparts site), the Colorado is listed as having a base axle weight of 515#.
1661634414784.png

Diane LaHue

Jun 28, 2022
Hi Conlee!
This is such a classic and I love it too! Just looked it up and it weighs 575 pounds. I easily pulled in with my little four cylinder 1989 Toyota truck. I am sure that a regular sedan could pull it easily. It's so light, in fact, that I would just back it is sites and the kids would just push it around to where we wanted it!
Diane

ConleeR

Aug 27, 2022
Columbus, Ohio
Hi Conlee!
This is such a classic and I love it too! Just looked it up and it weighs 575 pounds. I easily pulled in with my little four cylinder 1989 Toyota truck. I am sure that a regular sedan could pull it easily. It's so light, in fact, that I would just back it is sites and the kids would just push it around to where we wanted it!
Diane
I remember doing that as well! Push it where you want it :) I'd love to take a look at it. I'm not sure what we "do next" as I am new on this forum

Diane LaHue

Jun 28, 2022
I am too! I don't see a place to private message anyone on this site (like messenger on FB). The Help bar said that, if you click on your name there will be a drop down box with "conversations" and an option for "private message." But i don't see that!

ConleeR

Aug 27, 2022
Columbus, Ohio
I am too! I don't see a place to private message anyone on this site (like messenger on FB). The Help bar said that, if you click on your name there will be a drop down box with "conversations" and an option for "private message." But i don't see that!
Just tried to send you a "conversation"