1997 Starcraft Spacemaster 1224 - Roof Safety Posts

CSmith

Jan 1, 2020
SE Michigan
Hello! Greetings from SE Michigan. Long time reader, first time poster! I have recently purchased a used 1997 Starcraft Spacemaster 1224. With a lot of help from information in the forum, I have been bringing it back to life. I do have one question that I have not yet been able to find the answer to, and I'm hoping some fellow Starcraft owners here can help.

I am trying to locate replacement roof safety posts. I contacted Goshen directly, and although they were very friendly and responsive, they aren't able to verify what size I need for my model. The Goshen website had a lift system diagram, and based on that I think I'm looking for part number 2260-3 based on the geometry of my posts- but they were not confident that it was an exact fit.

I also found this website that seems promising, but I need to know the height. But since I don't have the originals to reference, I'm not sure what to ask for.
http://www.popupparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1771

If anyone happens to own a similar model and knows the height, or knows hows they fit into the posts so I can measure myself, it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Camping!
Chris

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
Hello! Greetings from SE Michigan. Long time reader, first time poster! I have recently purchased a used 1997 Starcraft Spacemaster 1224. With a lot of help from information in the forum, I have been bringing it back to life. I do have one question that I have not yet been able to find the answer to, and I'm hoping some fellow Starcraft owners here can help.

I am trying to locate replacement roof safety posts. I contacted Goshen directly, and although they were very friendly and responsive, they aren't able to verify what size I need for my model. The Goshen website had a lift system diagram, and based on that I think I'm looking for part number 2260-3 based on the geometry of my posts- but they were not confident that it was an exact fit.

I also found this website that seems promising, but I need to know the height. But since I don't have the originals to reference, I'm not sure what to ask for.
http://www.popupparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1771

If anyone happens to own a similar model and knows the height, or knows hows they fit into the posts so I can measure myself, it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Camping!
Chris
Hey does your Starmaster have the shower?

CSmith

Jan 1, 2020
SE Michigan
No, it's the version with the extra seating/bed- however I'm considering ripping it out and installing some additional countertops and storage space.

Latest posts