2003 coleman westlake input

kaceyqueen

Oct 2, 2022
We are looking into buying our first pop up! We looked at a 2003 coleman westlake popup. Needs new tires and there is a tear in the vynl window (its on the top about 12-18 inches long across the top).

As this is our first pop up ever Im not sure how big of a deal the rip is.... Can anyone offer some insight.

kaceyqueen

Oct 2, 2022
Start here. If it dosent adress everyrhing, let us know. I didnt read the whole thing, just skimmed it.
Thank you! In yo
Not a bad popup, light weight with a big interior.
Thank you! In your experience is NADA guidelines on prices pretty accurate? How big of a deal is it about the tear in the vynl window? It is at the top. so it has never leaked because the outside canvas covers it. In my mind I think I could fix it by sewing it but Im wondering if it is a big deal on pop ups?

Last edited:

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
If its in the viynal itself, not much to do but packing tape front and back and replace it as needed. Unless you get someone to sew a new on in.

Silveryrado

Jun 11, 2015
That was my entry into PUC's. A new Coleman Westlake. It surely hated me. Constant war with leaks! Seals, caulk, and wood replacement. Gave it to kid #2, but he couldn't keep up with it either. Kid #3 has it now and wants to referb. LoL good luck with that🤪. Some like 'em, and there were good times with it also. The nightmare is strong with this one. I now watch from a distance in my Palomino Y 4124 which has been 72.0625% better in handling the 1 thing all models fall short in, dealing with the weather....

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
Here is a photo of my cousin's Coleman Westlake camper. He wants to sell it, but isn't advertising it. Go down to post #10 to see the inside. He had minor problems with it at first, but nothinkg he couldn't fix. We used it last May for a week long trip in the Tahoe National Forest. It did very well for us.