Status
Not open for further replies.

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
Hotpeper said:
Hi all,

Sorry we could not make this year's rally.
Our first rally was last year and met some great people.
Sorry we most likely will not make the 2014 rally.
Due to health reasons my DW, DS and DD( mostly DW) said to get rid of the popup or no more camping ( I had to agree).
Went to the dark side, had a great popup but after setting up and tear down it would do me in.
Traded the popup for a hard side.
Would like to go to further rally's if the hard side is okay.
Traded the popup on a Jayco White Hawk last month, hoping for a first trip in May of 2014.

Alex, sorry I missed your post and as Andrea stated you are always welcome even if you have a TT, I myself have a slide-in pickup camper, and Kim will have a hardside pickup camper.

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
2014 - 5th Annual Colorado Rally - Event

2014 - 5th Annual Colorado Rally
Dates:
07/29/2014 to 08/03/2014 - [countdown=7,29,2014] [/countdown]
Matterhorn and Priest Lake Campgrounds near Teluride CO
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Priest+Lake+Campground,+Priest+Lake+Road,+CO+81435&hl=en&ll=37.836768,-107.880077&spn=0.077411,0.154324&sll=37.846393,-107.880764&sspn=0.077401,0.154324&geocode=FXpQQQIdfOCR-SmN13PYv9A-hzFkI7x_JjWExA&mra=ps&t=m&z=13
Reservable Sites:
Matterhorn YES Priest Lake NO
Reservation Link:
Click Here to Reserve A Site
Site Cost:
Matterhorn $22.00 Priest Lake is a no fee area.
Special Notes:
Matterhorn only has 28 reservable sites so reserve early. You can reserve your campsite no earlier than the 29th of January 2014. I will alert everyone on the 28th of January. For those who have not been to a Colorado Rally before, don`t be intimidated. We will have an informal fishing contest, pot luck dinner and if you want to do a scenic mountain off-road trail, I will lead one over to Ourey. There are many hot springs to the south of the campground as well as great fun in Telluride.
Note to Wagon Masters, Do Not Edit Anything Above This Line. Use The Rally Management Interface To Change This Information.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We're making progress on our Rally trip. Turns out there is a 7 night limit at Matterhorn, as we found out when we went to make reservations today. So, we will stop at Vallecito on the way, and arrive at Matterhorn on Monday. We can make those reservations in a couple of days.
Courtenay is happy to have a couple of days to hike into the Weminuche from Vallecito.

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
kitphantom said:
We're making progress on our Rally trip. Turns out there is a 7 night limit at Matterhorn, as we found out when we went to make reservations today. So, we will stop at Vallecito on the way, and arrive at Matterhorn on Monday. We can make those reservations in a couple of days.
Courtenay is happy to have a couple of days to hike into the Weminuche from Vallecito.

We are doing the same.
We will be hiking on the Ouray side of the range. Our plan is to boondock near the trail access for Ice/Island lakes, then arrive at Matterhorn on Wednesday and stay till Sunday.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Made our Matterhron reservations:
Site 18
arriving Monday 7/28, leaving Sunday 8/3

We had to add an extra night on the front end of Vallecito, the system requires a Friday night stay to go with a Saturday one. We can just get there by a reasonable time (for us) if Courtenay goes into work early, so we can leave by mid-afternoon. I suggested he think about the overnight backpack into the Weminuche we had talked about him doing on a previous trip, since he ended up doing a different hike that time.

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
kitphantom said:
Made our Matterhron reservations:
Site 18
arriving Monday 7/28, leaving Sunday 8/3

We had to add an extra night on the front end of Vallecito, the system requires a Friday night stay to go with a Saturday one. We can just get there by a reasonable time (for us) if Courtenay goes into work early, so we can leave by mid-afternoon. I suggested he think about the overnight backpack into the Weminuche we had talked about him doing on a previous trip, since he ended up doing a different hike that time.

We will be in site #9 on Wednesday the 30th and leave on the 3rd. [:D]
Or plan is to stay at South Mineral Campground Saturday the 26th to hike to Ice Lake and Island Lake. Then leave on the 28th for Orvis Hotsprings for a couple days of soaking. :)
We will also take a backcountry trail loop through Telluride via Black Bear pass and then back over via Ophir pass "DW wants to try her driving skills on an easy trail" [o!!!o].

Hotpeper

Jul 4, 2009
Reserved our site tonite - Site 10
Will arrive 7-31-14 and leave 8-3-14.

What nite is the pot-luck ?

robertswife

Apr 1, 2012
Are there usually any kids of elementary age at these rallies? We have two boys and having other kids will make them happy. :)

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
robertswife said:
Are there usually any kids of elementary age at these rallies? We have two boys and having other kids will make them happy. :)

How old are the kids?
In the past there have been kids of all ages attend our Rally, and I am sure some of the folks will chime in.
My kids before they grew up I would give them a fanny pack with a whistle, notepad & pen, walkie talkie and said I would call them when lunch was ready. [:D]
Come on out and enjoy the Southwest part of the state.

Hotpeper

Jul 4, 2009
robertswife,

Most likely we will be bringing some grandkids.
We have 7 total, ages 1 yr to 15 yr. Probably will not be the 1 yr old.
But they like camping and we like taking them.

robertswife

Apr 1, 2012
Our boys are 9 and 11. It would be a better experience for them (and us!) if they have kids their age to run around with.

Also, they like to bring their air rifles when we camp, are their any restrictions around guns at these events? Are there places where they can ride bikes too? Nothing off road, just nice trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.