2015 - 6th Annual Colorado Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzVinyl

Apr 24, 2013
Hello Kitphantom,

We are unsure if we will remain the whole week. Do you know if the town of Creede offers showers?

If we are in 30 mile on Sat the 18th, we will be happy to make pies to share, An Apple and a Cherry.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We'll enjoy your company,however long you decide to stay.
I picked up a couple of visitor's guides when we were in Colorado a couple of weeks ago. I found a listings for one or two campgrounds in Lake City that have fee showers for non-campers. Nothing in the Creede guide, but a couple of possibilities from searching online, you'd have to call to confirm: Freeman's Store (719-658-2954), between Creede and Thirty Mile and Snowshoe Lodge (719-658-2315).

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
JazzVinyl there is a General Store on the way to Creede from Thirty mile that has public showers, not sure of the price.

ALL:
I am sad that we will not be able to make it this year as I was offered a Job in Las Cruces NM and have to move the week before the 20th as that will be my start date. [:(]

We will be ready to go next year. [:D]

PS: This will be a great job as it is in my expertise comfort zone and I will also be near my grand kids in Albuquerque not 2700 miles away in Anchorage.
This is also a great opportunity for us as all the camping and play areas we enjoy are within 2 - 3 hours of us not 5 - 9 living in Las Cruces. [:D]

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
This looks to be a low attendance year. We'll be happy to see any Portal folks that can manage to show up, for whatever portion of the time. (DH & I will be there all week, he has plans to meet up & hike a 14er with the brother who lives in Colorado and, separately, for a backpack into the Weminuche.)
I have volunteered (in a message to PopupSteve) to be Wagonmaster for next year, since there doesn't seem very likely there will be someone to pass it to at this year's Rally. If no one objects, I'll do that, take some suggestions for locations and post a poll. So far, our ideas are back to Flat Tops, White Star (near Twin Lakes) and someplace near Buena Vista or the first Rally site. Criteria include the ability to reserve, a good possibility of last minute sites, possible boondocking in the general area, the fishermen like the possibility of a good place to do that.

Hi bearman512-
I was wondering how the job and moving situations were going. Sorry not to see you guys this year, but completely understand. Las Cruces sounds a lot handier than Alaska, even if it is towards the southern edge of the state.

JazzVinyl

Apr 24, 2013
Hello bearman512...

Thanks for the word on the public shower. We will probably stay the entire week, knowing we _can_ get a shower :)

And congrats on the new job!! What a wonderful thing, great to know you found something that works out for all.

2016 Rally:
Would like to suggest "St Charles and or La Vista" camp grounds' in the San Isabel Recreation Area in the Wet Mountains for next years Rally.

It has everything desired, not 100% certain about boon docking, but all else is there, and the Wet Mountains are a beautiful section of Colorado.

Cheers...

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
bearman512 said:
ALL:
I am sad that we will not be able to make it this year as I was offered a Job in Las Cruces NM and have to move the week before the 20th as that will be my start date. [:(]

We will be ready to go next year. [:D]

PS: This will be a great job as it is in my expertise comfort zone and I will also be near my grand kids in Albuquerque not 2700 miles away in Anchorage.

You have had a busy year so far!!

bearman512

Super Active Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albuquerque NM
ChocoChock01 said:
You have had a busy year so far!!

Yes we have.
We will be doing the quad state next year as well as Colorado depending on my schedule as I will be doing the 3 on 2 off schedule once I have certified all my systems.

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
We still need to decide on a UT site and whether to boondock or hook ups.

94-D2 stopped in Moab this trip and said it was 100+ deg. so Shore Power may be needed unless we can find some higher altitude or Lake Powell!

Mosbyranger

Onward, thru the fog...
May 29, 2009
Western Colorado
Well, we will be there. Sorry for not being present on the portal for a while. 2 jobs and rehabbing a house seem to be all I can cope with. Anyway, a mountain retreat is just what I need. We will be pulling it together this weekend and heading out Sunday. Sorry to hear about Bearman, maybe next year. Plan on us helping at at the potluck.
MR

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The 2015 Rally is over - which means summer is moving on quickly!

Colorado has had a wet summer so far, the wildflowers were about the most spectacular we've seen. While the damage from the West Fork Complex wildfire of 2013 is obvious, there is new growth. There is also, as with much of CO and NM, a lot of beetle-killed pines, but the Thirty Mile Campground still had plenty of larger and small trees.

Keep an eye out for threads on 2016 Rally, which will be July 11-17, the same week as this year.

Mosbyranger

Onward, thru the fog...
May 29, 2009
Western Colorado
Well, I and the camping goddess had a pretty good time. By pretty good I mean great. The weather could have been less rainy, but you have to take what you get. I had a couple of steep learning curves but managed to overcome them and will be all the wiser next time. I'll post up some photos as soon as my IT guy gets here. Look in the wildlife thread.
MR

Status
Not open for further replies.