2015 Greater Kansas City spring campout

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclemark

Overland Park, KS
Gold Supporting Member
May 15, 2014
Overland Park, KS
About 300 Kansans are registered on this forum, and more than 600 Missourians are registered. I have sent PMs to about 50 people whom I could easily ID from those two states. Also, we have bounced this thread with updates over the past several days now.

And: So far, we have four campsites reserved, three parties have stated they will reserve sites after Jan. 1, one party is checking their kids' spring sports schedules, and one party has said thanks but maybe next time.

So I'm still waiting to hear from more than 900 people about whether they're coming to the rally. [:D]

Here are the essentials:
April 24-26, 2015
Clinton State Park, west of Lawrence, KS
Kansas Parks & Wildlife fee was $19 per night for water/electric sites at Clinton as of today.
There's also a transaction fee of $3 on reserveamerica.com
About 19 water/electric sites may be reserved in Campground 1, which has newly renovated showers.
The campground has 68 total water/electric sites, apparently, and about that many primitive sites as well.

Do you NEED a reservation with so many walk-up sites on the map? [;)] Get back to me at 9 p.m. on April 24, and I'll have a solid answer for you.

This link will take you to the reservation site: http://tinyurl.com/p5yad97

Please let me know if you reserve a site! Thanks.

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
update on my planes. We will be heading out there next Saturday to explore the campground and areas around it. Hiking trails and bathrooms etc then come home and make our reservation that evening so THEN we should have our 5. I kinda know which one I want but my wife wants to see the campground first. At this point thats the best I can do but I will have a reservation by next Sat. evening. [:D]

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
You must have spot 30? we are going out thursday to look around and will make reservations when I get back home. At least we have 5 now!!! And I will make it six this coming week. [:D]

oz nana

Jan 26, 2014
We did reserve spot A30. We have quite a drive to get there and wanted to not hassle with walk up. I also wanted for us to be an official rally.

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
Im glad you did! I have never been there before so I wanted to go first and check it out. Its an hour away for me, and my wife didnt want to make reservations without seeing it first which in that case I have to wait till thursday after our visit. i really wanted to be the 5th person to make it official but glad you could step up and make it. we will be official as soon as the moderator posts it as such and it shows up on the upcoming rallies scroll on the left. Im kinda leaning towards A1 thru A6, in that area. Im sure Mark will keep us all informed.

oz nana

Jan 26, 2014
We normally like to check out campsites but its about 200 miles from us and is just not in the cards right now. We are looking forward to meeting some of the fellow PUP members. I know that myself (Cynthia) DH Peter will be coming. Not sure if the DD age 10 , DS age 9 , and DGS age 7 will be coming or not. We are going to leave the 3 dogs at home.

unclemark

Overland Park, KS
Gold Supporting Member
May 15, 2014
Overland Park, KS
We checked out both CG1 and 3 in October, and I think 1 is pretty good for a rally. The showers are new, and there is a lot of elbow room and plenty of options for activities. On one trip DW and I hosted our college town kids from lawrence at our evening campfire, but on the second trip it was just me and the dear dog. I doubt any of our kids will show up for the rally, so it'll probly be me, DW, and Pongo.

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
Since there is now 5 confirmed what is the next step?? will it be listed on the left soon? i cant wait to go see the campground thursday and see the lake. Hopefully I will have the kayaks with us at the rally and my wonderdog akira will be there too. :)

unclemark

Overland Park, KS
Gold Supporting Member
May 15, 2014
Overland Park, KS
tconroy said:
Since there is now 5 confirmed what is the next step?? will it be listed on the left soon? i cant wait to go see the campground thursday and see the lake. Hopefully I will have the kayaks with us at the rally and my wonderdog akira will be there too. :)
I have submitted the info to PopUpSteve. I'm waiting to hear what I've done wrong. [{:)]

oz nana

Jan 26, 2014
2015 Greater Kansas City spring campout: Reserve your spot now!

I bet its just a time thing. It's going to be a great rally.

oz nana

Jan 26, 2014
2015 Greater Kansas City spring campout: Reserve your spot now!

That's great you get an extra day. Lucky you guys . I am pleased to announce that DD and DGS will be able to attend the rally with us. Yeah!!!! He is a very good little camper and will have a great time.

shadowksu

Jan 3, 2015
Heyo! Just wanted to confirm that DH and I will be at the rally, Campground 1, site A31. Looking forward to meeting you all!

oz nana

Jan 26, 2014
Welcome to the portal. We have site A30 so hello neighbor. Looking forward to meeting you at the rally.

unclemark

Overland Park, KS
Gold Supporting Member
May 15, 2014
Overland Park, KS
shadowksu said:
Heyo! Just wanted to confirm that DH and I will be at the rally, Campground 1, site A31. Looking forward to meeting you all!
All right now! Awesome. Six sites are now officially reserved for the rally, and I think we have some lurkers over in A94 and A95. Among the reservable sites, A29 is still available with the main group of campers, which is centered by dougkelly1 at A32. DW and I still have no neighbors over at A75, but I'm hoping that will be the next area colonized by recruits.

I noticed the discussion on the newcomers forum about the number of TTs onsite this week at Clinton. It appeared to me in October that the state lets employees have very lengthy stays at the campgrounds. It looks to me like as much as 5 percent of the campground has sites with squatters (betrayed by gigantic propane tanks, plywood skirting, flat tires, banjo music, etc.). Some of these sites also had placards indicating they were occupied by state employees. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.