2015 Quad-State Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoomi

I write everything the voices in my head tell me.
Jul 20, 2012
We'r at the KOA in Holbrook for the night. Should be in Mesa Verde sometime early tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I will not join in the fray about Brian's battery issues :)
We have a reservation for full hookups (goody, end of trip black & gray tank dump). We should be there by early afternoon tomorrow, I retrieve DH from his week on the river later this morning, at least that was the plan i was given.

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
94-D2 said:
That's funny Greg. Probably right too.! Finally found Brian. He is glamping in the hook ups.
Actually, the dead battery is on the resuscitator, BUT as the CHROME messages says: "I think he's DEAD Jim!"

John is in #191, and we will be in #167 coming in on 7/3!

Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
We're in site 159, in the Ute loop.

We even had a deer right outside the P'up yesterday evening.

Right now, we're considering a daytrip out to Four Corners today.

ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
We have had 2 Mule Deer come through each morning, and they don't seem to be spooked by our presence!

ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
Hoomi said:
We're in site 159, in the Ute loop.

We even had a deer right outside the P'up yesterday evening.

Right now, we're considering a daytrip out to Four Corners today.
R u in Durango today?

We just arrived

Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
Sorry for not responding sooner. I was having WiFi problems at Mesa Verde, and no WiFi at all on Tuesday. We're posting tonight from the McDonald's in Ephraim, Utah.

We rode the train on Monday, and were completely blown away by the incredible scenery along the route, which also included a group of people mooning the train as it rolled along the outskirts of Durango on our way back. I figured they just wanted to show that Durango did have its share of asses. :D

We were on the road by about 9:00 on Tuesday morning, and enjoyed a couple of hours sightseeing in Arches National Park in Utah. We need to get back up there in the spring or fall when the weather is cooler, and see more of that gorgeous scenery. Of course, we also decided we could easily spend a lot more time at Mesa Verde.

Amusingly, it seemed more Popups showed up at Mesa Verde after the Rally was over, than showed up for the Rally! One of them was in the space next to ours, and I enjoyed chatting with them a few minutes on Monday night. Hopefully, they'll show up over here on the Portal sometime.

ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
At some point we must give up our compulsion to be on line and say " ,text another day!"
Not as dramatic as James Bond but the message is the same.

ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
Got back last night!

This is a beautiful part of the country!!

and we beat the July 4th traffic!! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.