2020 Fall Pymatuning Rally

Which Pymatuning State Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
Since I'm not camping but we're in precamping season I was thinking about the fall rally. I really like Pymatuning on the PA side but was debating on the Ohio side. If you had a choice which Park would you want the fall rally in? I'm not sure which way I'm going yet but thought I'd get some input. Let me know what you're thoughts are on either park.

Are we camping yet?

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
Ok, so far Ohio is leading the pack but with a twist. Might have to give Geneva some thought.

It's snowing like crazy today, the thoughts of camping the only thing keeping me sane.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Geneva was a good time The Last time we were there except for the bugs, but I would be game if that’s what you decide, I’m pretty much game for anyplace.

Novarich

Dec 8, 2014
We've gotten about 8" of light snow today. Cleared my drive with the leaf blower this afternoon. Lol

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
There has been snow flakes all day and in the mid teens. But almost no snow on the ground. Maybe 1/4 on an inch. Very windy, so maybe it's just blowing around and it looks like its snowing

We are going to head out camping tuesday. A week in NC and 3-4 weeks in Texas.

Last edited:

kfblair

Jan 21, 2020
My husband and I are very new to camping. We bought our popup in October 2019 and only took it out once before we had to close it up for winter. I found this site from Reddit. I had no idea that there were camping groups. So excited to find this! I voted for Ohio but either would be nice.

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
My husband and I are very new to camping. We bought our popup in October 2019 and only took it out once before we had to close it up for winter. I found this site from Reddit. I had no idea that there were camping groups. So excited to find this! I voted for Ohio but either would be nice.
Welcome to the portal family. This is a great place for resources and meet new people.
Rendi came home from work today and was greeted by all of my Coleman lanterns lighting up the whole downstairs. She asked me what was wrong with me and I told her that I had cabin fever real bad!

That's too funny., I totally understand the whole cabin fever thing. Camping season will be here soon, can't wait.

Salandrew

Apr 27, 2016
Shelocta, PA
Welcome!!! This is a great group and we have a lot of fun. Hope you can join us! VAGOV has a rally planned in July, out near the PA Grand Canyon, too!

Dusty road

Super Active Member
Feb 28, 2016
Conneaut, Ohio
Hey guys! I just poked around for Ohio state park camp sites and found out that Ohio doesn't use Reserve America any longer. Seems that they switched to Reserve Ohio(not very creative). I had go through some hoops to change my password. Just letting you know since the poll is leaning that way.

tenttrailer

Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
The new system is clumsy. But we have made 3 reservations on the systems.

If you make reservations, don't forget to sign up for rewards. We've gotten at least 10 free nights throughout the years. I think it's called rewards.

PS rewards were transfered from reserve america.

Last edited:

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Agree it’s clumsy, tried to resign up for the new system. And it keeps reading. Email already in system. Will try doing on work computer tomorrow as that’s where my email goes first

tenttrailer

Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
So I think when ohio fired reserve america they got all our info except the password.

For the password, I forget what I did. But I think it was request to reset my password using my email address i set up with reserve America for ohio reservations.

All my earned points transfered over. I used some on my first reservation.

Latest posts