2021 Schodack Island "Not A Rally"

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
No, it works great. They are bigger then the old ones. It can atually slow down my truck. I used the slide on the controller to do slow downs and stops for an hour.

Strawhouse

I miss my Camping Family...
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
What do they call bacon in canada? American bacon? And in Canada is Canadian bacon just bacon? Just curious.......
Good question!
True "Canadian" bacon is made only from the lean eye of the loin and is ready to eat. Its flavor is described as more ham-like than other types because of its lean cut. The name was created when this product was first imported from Toronto to New York City.
4BA10CC2-0D60-4D2C-B3A0-AB9379D29922.jpeg
In the U.S., the terms “Canadian bacon" or "Canadian-style bacon" given to a form of back bacon that is cured, smoked, fully cooked, and trimmed into cylindrical medallions, and thickly sliced. This version of “Canadian” bacon is also found in Canada as well. In fact, younger Canadians may have never seen the original version.
I would welcome either, if I could only be there!
264A1CE4-DA64-4200-B28B-EE62359FC39E.jpeg
Caution:
Neither version should confused with Michael Moore’s 1995 movie. Just sayin’...
841EA337-52AF-43C5-A8E1-84375D70FF71.jpeg

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Good explanation..
Here I was just going to tell him that the biggest difference is canadian bacon comes from pigs that can understand quebec french (just so as not to confuse with parisian french)..

Strawhouse

Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Good explanation..
Here I was just going to tell him that the biggest difference is canadian bacon comes from pigs that can understand quebec french (just so as not to confuse with parisian french)..
Full disclosure....Wikipedia had a hand in my explanation.
Hmmm.... ‘Canadian bacon’ came from Toronto, so it's unlikely that those pigs would understand either version of French; bacon from Quebéc would be ‘Bacon Canadien’

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
Leave it to the teacher to educate LOL I found a recipie that uses the loin and cures it just haven't made the jump to do it yet.

Strawhouse

Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Leave it to the teacher to educate LOL I found a recipie that uses the loin and cures it just haven't made the jump to do it yet.
Yep! Once a teacher, always a teacher. Six years retired as of June! Teaching is a life-long activity.:D

Last edited:

banjorules

Oct 6, 2003
South Central PA
Packing some of the trailer today, getting psyched for this trip. Looking forward to seeing a new park and the group. This will be my first trip beyond the borders of Pa (home) and Md (work) in 18 months or so. That has never happened before in my life.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Meatball off!!!! Stand back the Parmigiano will fly. Somehow this sounds vaguely farmiler..........

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Ok for breakfast ill try french toast. I can't promise it will be good. Lol. Not a breakfast person. If anyone needs anything let me know, i have room to spare.

And on another note. Anyone need a big pop up cover? I still have mine, up for grabs, its big as it was for the westlake.

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
Packing some of the trailer today, getting psyched for this trip. Looking forward to seeing a new park and the group. This will be my first trip beyond the borders of Pa (home) and Md (work) in 18 months or so. That has never happened before in my life.
Will be great to meet you banjo, we are looking forward to getting out also and getting back in with the group

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Ok, food bought, camper is being packed. Work in the am, hope to head out about 330 pm on thursday after i get a nap in. I get off work at 800 thursday. So we will see. Safe travels all. I think i filled the water tank. Lol. We will see, i still hate not having the gravity feed.

Latest posts