3/8" hole in outside wall ?

G.P.

Jun 5, 2021
Basic question: how would you recommend filling a round 3/8" hole that got punched into the outside wall [drivers side] of my Rockwood A214HW A-frame .. the hole did not go totally thru the wall & the hole is actually behind the roof [4" or so ] aluminum molding when the A-frame is open and when it is closed the wall is collapsed under the roof .. so the hole is hidden from the elements .. I'm thinking some type of caulking .. but since the walls have foam inside I don't want to use anything that might melt the foam .. ? glenn

tombiasi

Super Active Member
Sep 1, 2012
Northwestern New Jersey
Basic question: how would you recommend filling a round 3/8" hole that got punched into the outside wall [drivers side] of my Rockwood A214HW A-frame .. the hole did not go totally thru the wall & the hole is actually behind the roof [4" or so ] aluminum molding when the A-frame is open and when it is closed the wall is collapsed under the roof .. so the hole is hidden from the elements .. I'm thinking some type of caulking .. but since the walls have foam inside I don't want to use anything that might melt the foam .. ? glenn
Use expansion foam and scrape flush then push it in about 1/4 inch and use body filler.

Latest posts