A-frame Cover

Indecisivefrog

Mar 4, 2022
Albuquerque, NM
Does anyone use a cover on their A-Frame when it's collapsed down in storage? Any recommendations?

When not in use mine is stored packed down outside. I'd really like to cover it with something more than a tarp. I'm in NM so while outside it's exposed to almost everything imaginable. Thanks.

Econ

Super Active Member
Aug 18, 2019
Deep South
Mine is parked outside under the SYP., Southern Yellow Pines. The mess put out by the SYP is bad. A silver tarp is used with beach balls used as separators between the roof and the tarp. Good luck

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Had a cover for our Ranger 10 & used pool noodles under it, think I got it on Amazon for around $100 maybe, good fit...search Aliner covers there, saw some for $89

chiques

Oct 4, 2020
It's a silver tarp outside for me, particularly over winter so snow isn't melting directly on the roof finding every possible way in.

Sandman51

Jul 7, 2021
Athens, GA
Does anyone use a cover on their A-Frame when it's collapsed down in storage? Any recommendations?

When not in use mine is stored packed down outside. I'd really like to cover it with something more than a tarp. I'm in NM so while outside it's exposed to almost everything imaginable. Thanks.
Yes, I have a cover on my Aliner AND it is parked under a fabric canopy. I don't trust a cover alone because they don't keep water and moisture out for the long term, they just hide the fact that your camper is getting ruined. Like Econ, I have Southern Yellow Pine, Southern Red Oak, and White Oak putting out all kinds of stuff each spring that is a bear to clean off. The canopy keeps rain off and the cover keeps pollen off. I got the cover off Amazon and it was only about $125.

G.P.

Jun 5, 2021
I elected to go with this .. pretty pricey .. claims UV resistant a bit more that others .. we will see how it holds up to this arizona sun and heat ...

Attachments

• tempImageeGdeOQ.png
    tempImageeGdeOQ.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Cindy Lou

Jul 1, 2021

We're in Canada so in fall we fold it , cover it with some blankets or old sleeping bag so tarp isn't right on it and then put a tarp over and peg it down till spring. Seems to be doing fine that way .

Canvas Cur

Sep 29, 2016
South West Florida
We still had the several years old Classic Accessories Poly Pro 3 from our pop up, so we are using it, even though it is beginning to show it's age in the Florida sun. It is not really waterproof, so we now place a silver HD tarp from HF over the camper (when folded down) , then snug down the cover over that. The Poly Pro 3 has vents on the sides and the top is white. Then we crank the front end up and hope for the best! Recently had to seal the crank out vent base to the top because the corners were curling upward. The Eternabond tape that we used looks like it will seal it so that the small amount of water that was coming in will be stopped before it drips inside.

karen Hoffmeister

Nov 6, 2021

We do in the fall when acorns are falling, and the winter thru 3 ft snows.then when we feel adventurous. We sneak under the cover and reset the mouse trraps. They like our little pop up in the winter. As we keep it plugged in... hmm maybe we shouldnt?

Boobar

Silver Supporting Member
Sep 6, 2018

You did say stored down and this PVC frame that I built and the plastic tarp will work for either the closed position or up position. The PVC frame prevents rubbing on the bubble windows and also keeps an air space for ventilation between the a liner and the tarp. I use the cover primarily, to keep any water from intruding, and protection from the sun. As you well know, water has a way of getting in, and then causing major damage, in terms of dry rot, to the Aliner. Again, I have found this to be successful for keeping my Aliner protected, dry and able to store up, so there’s pressure off the corner lift springs.

Attachments

• 6435A54D-6270-4B5D-983F-4F60BFD27824.jpeg
    6435A54D-6270-4B5D-983F-4F60BFD27824.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 6
  • E7B3441C-A819-4478-A51E-7BF924CF6F9E.jpeg
    E7B3441C-A819-4478-A51E-7BF924CF6F9E.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 5
  • D8066580-F8FF-435E-A5E0-2A9FA0585145.jpeg
    D8066580-F8FF-435E-A5E0-2A9FA0585145.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 6
  • FE0EDD46-61EF-4D2C-84BE-29A558E7786D.jpeg
    FE0EDD46-61EF-4D2C-84BE-29A558E7786D.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 63085EB9-970A-468F-BB26-D40239B40D00.jpeg
    63085EB9-970A-468F-BB26-D40239B40D00.jpeg
    506.6 KB · Views: 7

G.P.

Jun 5, 2021
I use this one pretty happy with it .. expensive though ! It's the Goldline cover

Attachments

• tempImagedXINDv.png
    tempImagedXINDv.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

DanLee

Apr 28, 2015
Virginia
I've been thinking about using a tarp as in Boobar's post. Our Ranger 12 has dormers front and rear, so perhaps I don't need a frame to keep the tarp off bubble windows? Mostly I want to keep leaves and water off, and having the tarp over a set up camper would enhance the runoff factor.

ThroughLiner

Aug 30, 2022
I have a Ranger 12 Expedition with dormers, and this cover fits perfectly (10'-12' size). We're in the front range of Colorado--the hail capital of the world. We also get hurricane-force winds pretty regularly in the fall and winter. To help protect the camper from hail, I put two cheap closed cell foam sleeping pads across the front and rear of the front dormer to prevent scratching, and then laid four pieces of fiberglass roofing panel over the top. To keep the roofing panels off the vent fan bubble, I stuck some ~6-inch thick pieces of styrofoam packing material from something we bought on either side to support the roofing panels. The back dormer is pretty protected from hail by a roof overhang... otherwise I would have added more roofing panels/sleeping pads.

Econ

Super Active Member
Aug 18, 2019
Deep South
Like Econ, I have Southern Yellow Pine, Southern Red Oak, and White Oak putting out all kinds of stuff each spring that is a bear to clean off.
Try Wolfgang rinseless wash at amazon.

Thirteen days till I can try to raise the roof for the first time since late winter.