A-Frame how to access under sink

John Hanks

Jun 10, 2021
Washington State
I have a 2008 Chalet LTW. I just bought it last year and was stupid and didn't drain the water hoses over the winter.

It seems that somewhere under the sink area there is a leak. RV Repair places are completely booked up for weeks and I'm considering trying to do the repair myself. For the life of me, I can't see how to access under the sink.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Under Seat, Water Pump area.jpg
    Under Seat, Water Pump area.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Stove, Sink area.jpg
    Stove, Sink area.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Canvas Cur

Sep 29, 2016
South West Florida
Or...perhaps the gas stove top. Then you could reach down under the sink and check out the leak. But...knowing how these are made...maybe both!! If you do, be sure and secure the gas lines properly and use the right teflon tape or pipe seal paste that is for gas lines. Who knows what else you may find under there that needs attention??

TimAZ

Oct 16, 2021
Our Chalet has a removable cover panel (thin plywood held in place by screws) on the left side of the sink cabinet. I’ve always assumed it was there to access the wiring and plumbing inside the cabinet. It looks like the radio/stereo might have to come out to get to the sink connections, but surely that’s easier than removing the refrigerator.

Edit:
Just noticed in the photo that your sink is on the right side of the cooktop. Ours is opposite, and the sink is in the middle to the left of the cooktop.

John Hanks

Jun 10, 2021
Washington State
To the right of the sink is a storage area accessible from the outside. There is a plywood side that probably provides access to it, I will probably try that. My local RV Repair place is booked out into August.