Add-a-room

retired marine

Apr 29, 2023
When I went to the darkside (2017) I purchased a "Carefree of Colorado" add-a-room for the powered 13' awning. Traded in my Jayco X23B Hybrid for a 2020 hw296 pop-up. I kept the add-a-room thinking I could use it still....nope! Now I need to find a room to fit my Dometic 13' manual awning. Any suggestions? (Gotta keep Momma happy, you know!)

sc

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
No suggestions as I’ve never seen add a rooms on a TT or hybrids. With that said I have used tarp clips to add screens on my tarp awning so perhaps by using tarp clips you can make it work.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
You could get a ez up screen tent like a gazelle or clam. Probably easier set up. It just will not be attached to the camper.

scwalk

Mar 23, 2015
When I went to the darkside (2017) I purchased a "Carefree of Colorado" add-a-room for the powered 13' awning. Traded in my Jayco X23B Hybrid for a 2020 hw296 pop-up. I kept the add-a-room thinking I could use it still....nope! Now I need to find a room to fit my Dometic 13' manual awning. Any suggestions? (Gotta keep Momma happy, you know!)

sc
I have an add a room - I believe it fits a 12’ popup - and I had Dometic awning on it - it’s new (old stock) in the box - I never installed it and ended up selling the trailer. Let me know if you’re interested and I can pull it out and look up details,measurements etc.

retired marine

Apr 29, 2023
I have an add a room - I believe it fits a 12’ popup - and I had Dometic awning on it - it’s new (old stock) in the box - I never installed it and ended up selling the trailer. Let me know if you’re interested and I can pull it out and look up details,measurements etc.
My awning is an A&E (Dometic) 944x13 ...basically a 13'3" with a divided front rail. Apparently, I need a solid one-piece front rail due to the hanging weight of the room sections.