Alumitite repair options

Bvherbie

Jan 11, 2023
Hello all. I have a bit of a problem here. I’m refurbing a 1999 seapine that my father purchased. Once I replaced all the cables and pulleys to lift the unit we noticed water damage. I have removed all the paneling and foam and Lon metal rails. There is corrosion on the roof the is a galvanic corrosion. The seams under the Yakima racks have corrosion on them and there are several spots that have a white powdery corrosion starting. Iam really not sure how to tackle all this and Iam looking for a long term repair. I was considering using marine Tex on the holes and rebuilding the roof and then using an epoxy primer where there is corrosion. What are the alternatives to repair this? Build a new rubber roof? I’m just not sure thanks for reading and sorry it’s sucks long read.

Patrick w

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2021
galvanic corrosion could look that way, but it could just be aluminum corrosion. In either case you can clean it up, and paint it with a zinc rich primer before top coating.

Bvherbie

Jan 11, 2023
That sounds good and I can fill in the holes with a mesh. What do you recommend as a top coat?