Any NSTRA Dog Trial folks out there?

jnbarrett

Mar 30, 2022
Winnipeg, MB
One of the reasons we bought the PUP this year was to save money attending NSTRA dog trials in the USA this year now that the border is reopened and COVID-19 testing requirements have been dropped.

Anyone else out there do NSTRA or other field trials?

This was from this past weekend down near Fargo, ND. We didn't take the PUP because we haven't been able to get it out yet due to snow. We're hoping to get it home this weekend and take it to the next one one end of next week.

FB_IMG_1651034910169.jpg

FB_IMG_1651034890053.jpg

FB_IMG_1651034763809.jpg

FB_IMG_1651034754006.jpg

kudzu

Gold Supporting Member
Oct 20, 2014
Knee deep in kudzu
No, but dogs are a big reason I got my camper. Hotels are expensive and such a hassle. When we did dog races (amateur) and lure coursing, I yearned for a camper. By the time I was finally able to get it, my dogs were past their racing days. However, when my sister has agility trials in my area she gets to use it.

Would love to go watch some field trials. Though I'm afraid I'd end up a pointer or setter. Have gotten a bit lazy so the sighthounds are a better fit these days. A 2 minute burst of speed and then 4 hours of sleeping!

jnbarrett

Mar 30, 2022
Winnipeg, MB
No, but dogs are a big reason I got my camper. Hotels are expensive and such a hassle. When we did dog races (amateur) and lure coursing, I yearned for a camper. By the time I was finally able to get it, my dogs were past their racing days. However, when my sister has agility trials in my area she gets to use it.

Would love to go watch some field trials. Though I'm afraid I'd end up a pointer or setter. Have gotten a bit lazy so the sighthounds are a better fit these days. A 2 minute burst of speed and then 4 hours of sleeping!

What state are you in?

LOL ... yeah, my Germain Shorthaired Pointers are "all-day" dogs .... speed and endurance. As you probably know, GSPs are capable of keep pace with most sighthounds in short bursts, but can also go all day long. Let's just say, they need to be ran a LOT and kept mentally busy. :D