Arizona Moto-Camping Trip, October 2022

Firehawk068

Mar 22, 2016
Not Pop-Up related, but I did tent-camp off the bike quite a bit during the trip.
Some of you might find it entertaining..........
Weather was awesome for the whole time. (except for the last day, during the ride back home to Denver)
Had a fantastic time with my friend Cap'n Ron.
Lots of highlights, but I think my favorite part was riding out to, and camping out at Alstrom Point. Pretty remote, and we just about had the place to ourselves.
Footage captured using GoPro Hero-9 Blacks (2) and iphone 12-pro Max.
I use Open-Shot for editing.

Arruba

Super Active Member
Nov 28, 2014
Central Oregon
That is a straight up cool video! I for one am glad you posted it.

I have to admit, of anything I’ve done that I think of as epic, the couple cross country bike trips I’ve taken certainly come to mind. Thanks for reviving the feeling and thanks for posting.

Firehawk068

Mar 22, 2016
That is a straight up cool video! I for one am glad you posted it.

I have to admit, of anything I’ve done that I think of as epic, the couple cross country bike trips I’ve taken certainly come to mind. Thanks for reviving the feeling and thanks for posting.
Thank you.
I usually take one bigger motorcycle trip each year.
two years ago it was idaho. This past year it was Arizona.
This year is going to be New York..........

Firehawk068

Mar 22, 2016
Could we haul our lifted Aliner camper out there with our lifted Jeep Liberty?

If you are referring to "Alstrom Point", technically..........Yes, but you would have to be a bit adventurous and to make sure everything inside is tied-down really well.
It's 25-miles of dirt road to get out there from the little town of Big-Water.
There are a couple of sandy washes you have to cross on the way out there, that may or may-not have water flowing in them........depending on the season. (one of them did when I rode out there, but not deep at all. The other ones were dry)
The road is not too bad as far as washboards are concerned, but some sections are washboarded a little bit. It's nice and wide most of the way out. The last 5 miles get narrower.
The last couple miles are rocky in sections, and have some sandy two-track sections............but the last 1/2-mile or so is where it gets pretty rugged.
There is a bit of "rock crawling" involved to get you all the way out to the end of the point where we camped, so you would have to be a pretty decent driver towing a camper out there.

IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

Not a bad place to sit for breakfast and morning coffee..........
IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_E3391.JPG

Firehawk068

Mar 22, 2016
You might like the Whitmore Overlook, we car-tent camped right there.
Are you referring to the "Arizona Strip", past the Bar-10 Ranch, overlooking the Grand Canyon?
I've never ridden out there, but it's on my radar............
I've ridden out to, and camped at Locust-Point (free camping) before, and enjoyed that tremendously, but that is closer to Jacob-Lake entrance.
Excellent riding through the forest there.