beaver creak/ gaylord MI

thecakerator

Jul 3, 2008
MI
hello everyone, over the weekend at the local rv camper show we entered a drawing to win a free weekend of camping at Beaver Creek Resorts near Gaylord. This town is about three hours from us and they want us to come up, sign the certificate, come back home, then go up another weekend to go camping. My dh is all for this, but I am unsure. Is it worth the drive? Is it a nice campground? The thing is, at this point, we would feel unsafe driving our camper up that far with our current TV. We are looking to upgrade the TV within the month/month and a half but at this point that hasn't happened. So what is the best thing for us to do, considering the distance, the TV and the unknown campground information. Thanks for any help/information.

1995 Viking 175SD
Pulled by our 1995 Grand Am
and a wing and a prayer!

RhinoDave

Super Active Member
Oct 29, 2008
Lake Orion, Mi.
Most of these drawings you enter at the shows are done by camp resorts that want you to listen to a sales pitch to join their resorts. I don't know the particulars of the drawing you entered but I would be willing to bet you will be askd to listen to the pitch before you get the free weekend certificate. Usually they start out wanting to sign you up for a lifetime membership and then work their way down to lesser memberships if you keep turning them down. It's a high pressure sales routine that is common. I listened to a few of them in years past to get the free weekend or a radio or some other cheap prize. It just isn't worth it to me anymore so I avoid the free drawings.

Built for comfort...not speed.
97 Coleman Niagara 87 Coleman Sun Valley (project) 08 Chevy Trailblazer

thecakerator

Jul 3, 2008
MI
thank you for the reply. I looked the campground up online and sure enough, it is a resort that promotes memberships, I am sure there will be a presentation to listen to if we go up and sign the certificate. My dh took the phone call and did not ask about any of that information, I am sure he was unaware of what they really want to do with us once we agree to come up. I wish now we would have won the truck I entered for instead of the free camping weekend!

1995 Viking 175SD
Pulled by our 1995 Grand Am
and a wing and a prayer!