Black tank flush

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
There’s a difference between free and pay dump sites…

At a free dump site, I will only flush the black tank once cause those sites are filled with lines off campers. And if you are experienced in dumping your tanks, it takes around 10 minutes to dump the black, grey and complete a BT flush. Because you’re spraying the black tank while the grey tank empties out. Then release the BT rinse water out shortly after.

But when I visit a pay to a dump site ($25) then I will complete an additional BT rinse since it’s only five more minutes to complete. The pay for dump sites I visit have more than one sewer outlet and no lines of campers waiting. Why? Cause no one else wants to pay and will go elsewhere for free. I don’t mind paying cause I don’t have to wait in line. Plus, I consider it as paying to use their facilities at the rate of $1 per minute (20 minute visit) with a $5 tip for using their facilities.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Ronal Owens

Jun 27, 2021
To connect your RV's waste tank to the dump station, you'll need a decently sturdy hose. You may need to utilize two hoses in some circumstances, one to connect to the drain tank and the other to provide clean water during cleanups.

Last edited:

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
@Ronal Owens… is correct.

You need a separate hose/rinser kit to spray water via black tank rinse outlet while the gray water is emptying out through the sewer hose. We use a RhinoExtreme sewer hose kit and we have a RhinoFlex Black Tank rinser kit which works perfectly every time. We also picked up an additional hose at a longer length to have options of when the water spigot is further away and needs a longer hose.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-22999-...oflex+black+tank+rinser&qid=1624809146&sr=8-2

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Diamond Girl: Boy, I'd hate to be behind you at a dump station!! I trust you go when it's not busy. That's taking entirely too long. A dump station is meant to just dump and be done with it.

Nobody likes to wait in line, but I don't mind waiting for someone to rinse and clean. It's the guy who gets done then stands there bullsh**ing with buddy without moving his camper that chaps my backside.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
Diamond Girl: Boy, I'd hate to be behind you at a dump station!! I trust you go when it's not busy. That's taking entirely too long. A dump station is meant to just dump and be done with it.

I agree. Everyone taking any extra few minutes, sucks for the guy at the end of the line...I like to see people pull up with their adapters, hoses, gloves, and whatever else ready
... Hookup, dump and then pull up to store your gear if someone is behind you.

Ronal Owens

Jun 27, 2021
Make sure to park the RV near your home. You won't want to walk too far. Get a bucket and a pair of disposable gloves. Place the bucket directly under the outlet of the RV waste bin. Fill the bucket to ⅔ of its capacity so it doesn't spill when you carry it around. Carefully carry it into the bathroom and flush it down the toilet.
Repeat the process until there is no more waste in your septic tank.

Last edited: