Campground on the North East Coast?

SheaLoner

Apr 12, 2021
Upstate NY
Anyone have any recs for a popup accessable campground/fcfs on the coast or near enough to see the ocean, from Maine to Conneticut? Having trouble locating any that aren't tent or Rv only.

Lug_Nut

May 29, 2016
Mt. Wachusett area, MA
Shameless plug for Megunticook in Camden ME.
I don't know if they have fc/fs, but if they have a site available, you can rent it. Is that close enough to fc/fs?

Good luck with snagging ANY fc/fs site on the coast.
It'd be a long drive to find out the campground (any coastal campground) is full.

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
I don't know if they have fc/fs, but if they have a site available, you can rent it. Is that close enough to fc/fs?

It'd be a long drive to find out the campground (any coastal campground) is full.
We stayed there beautiful area. Lobster rolls at McLoons.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
It's been over 10 years since I've been there so not sure if it's changed. Acadia National Park has a couple campgrounds inside the park itself and I think they had a few fcfs sites although they heavily rely on reservations. Personally if you go the reservation route you need at least 6 month notice as it's crazy busy. Blackwood campground had a couple loops one which was more for RVs and another loop for tents and smaller popups. The tent/popup loop I found was much quieter. A short hike away you can walk to some cliffs to watch the ocean. There was a tour bus that could take you to a beach. I went in early Sept and that water was freezing. It was a great place to visit but no water/electric. Outside of the park are a number of other campgrounds that I've seen all different types of campers including tents and popups to regular RVs but not fcfs.

SheaLoner

Apr 12, 2021
Upstate NY

Feel free to plug away. I'm partial to camping in the off season so sometimes fc/fs works out.