Can Anyone Recommend A Place To Get Carefree of Colorado Awning Parts?

themanfromvan

Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds
Jul 31, 2004
Van, Pennsylvania
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me a place to get Carefree of Colorado awning parts from someone who knows what they are selling? The center section of one of my awning "legs" got bent and I can not seem to make the woman RVsRUs in Colorado understand that I DO NOT need the entire leg. The leg is in three pieces. I need the piece in the middle.

If not..... I make just attempt to make one, but it's got a lot of funky notches and stuff that I'm not sure if I can cut. Thanks everyone !!

BTW.... I contacted COC's customer service direct and they won't sell to me.

Full Circle

Greely, Ontario, Canada
Apr 4, 2009
Greely, Ontario
I'm sure you've already seen the carefree breakdown from their site...http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/docs/tech/Campout%20metric%20IPL.pdf

...and you've probably already got the part number, but in case you don't maybe try going in with the number and seeing what your local dealer can pull up.

R001006 Vertical Support Arm Assembly, Complete 2.57 meter
R001638 Vertical Support Arm Assembly, Complete 3, 3.5 & 4 meter

Neither of the links show a breakdown of the vertical support itself, but they also don't show an individual number for the latches, and i've bought them separately.

Good Luck

Ad

MikeS2

Sep 11, 2011
I tried about a month ago to get a pivot pin for one of my legs/support poles and they told me they no longer sell individual parts, I would have to purchase the entire upright assembly for like $103.00 or so - I don't think so, I rummaged through my nuts and bolts collection and came up with something to hold it while camping, bummer is the leg will not fit up into the center rail for rolling/storage without me removing my rig (nut & bolt). Good luck with them!

Full Circle

Greely, Ontario, Canada
Apr 4, 2009
Greely, Ontario
Try here... http://www.rvdealership.com/rvdstore/index.aspx?CustomerNumber=885555

Select awnings from the drop down list, then choose from the list on the left in blue i.e carefree...then campout

It gives you a list of parts. At the top click on "show diagram" and you can click on the # you are interested in. I think your talking about #10??? The telescoping arm.

Link to the diagram

http://www.rvdealership.com/rvdstore/frontend/ShowDiagram.aspx?Browser=MSIE&Version=8&CustomerNumber=885555&Link=_2MP0TOZNT#

Ad

themanfromvan

Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds
Jul 31, 2004
Van, Pennsylvania
Well..... the word I get from everyone is that I have to replace the ENTIRE awning leg to buy OEM parts. I think I'm just going to see if I can straighten what I have by putting two long boards on either side of the piece and clamping it in a vise in sections down the length of the piece. If it doesn't work - I guess I have all winter to save the $90 + shipping to buy the new leg. Last trip of the season is next weekend. [:(] [:(]