CANCELLED-New Year Rally at Lake Texana

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
With school (senior year for our son) it is too early for us to consider January plans. I would like to show up, even if it is a solo run for me. Our October and November are booked solid with school, scouts and college related activities. At least he settled on a college, just got his acceptance letter and 1st scholarship, so that helps somewhat. Close to a 6 hr drive for me too. Will monitor and see how things shape up.

adrianpglover

Super Active Member
Jul 8, 2014
Texas
Sara mentioned this to me the other day. I believe she's been texting some of the group about going. We're definitely interested. Haven't been out camping much this year with the changes to the Texas State Parks reservation system requiring the full fee up front (instead of just the first night), the 5 month reservation window (instead of 12 months), and camping being more popular due to COVID. Now last year was a good year for our camping. Got our first trip since last November coming up here in the next few weeks.
We'll be keeping an eye on this one.

lonestarcamper

A smile is worth a 1000 words!
Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
We will be in site 118 for MLK weekend. If you are attending, please post your site number. At this point, activities have not been planned. When we see how many are planning to come, we will post ideas.

jam0911

Mar 22, 2012
It’s been a while since I’ve been on this site, but txbum told me about the rally coming up. We just secured site 102 and are hoping to make it. It’ll be me, the wife, a 15 year old and a 5 year old.

dbhost

Super Active Member
Sep 19, 2018
League City, Texas USA.
Lake Texana? I haven't been there since 2005! What an amazing park though! When I went we literally had deer snooping around the picnic table while we ate breakfast. I guess they knew we couldn't get them in the park, and being a singles group of 30 somethings and associated kids, probably knew most of the adults were worn ragged...

lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
Tossing out the idea of a Dutch oven pot luck Sat night. If you have one. They are versatile for any kind of food! I also want to plan some games with adults and kids alike. It looks like we’re may have 8-10 kids so far.

lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
I’m prob going to do a Dutch oven chili Friday night, so those arriving late, come get a bowl!
Sat potluck Dutch oven meal still to be determined. bring ‘‘em if ya got ‘em!

lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
We will be arriving Thursday 1/13 and leaving Mon 1/17.
Weather has been so nice so far, and I hope it holds up!
We’re serving chili Fri night if you arrive later that day and are hungry.
Guys USUALLY cook up Sat breakfast!
Potluck dinner Sat night-Dutch oven recipes if you got one.
Games, fishing, hanging out. Great place to COVID social distance!
Bring the S’mores makings and firewood!
Chime in to confirm you are still coming!
See y’all there,
Robin
See y’all there

lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
Well, so much illness, only two campsites going if Glovers are still planning to come. Any organized activities or meal are cancelled due to low attendance. It will be a nice weekend anyway!