Cargo Weight and Propane Fridge

TBrum

May 31, 2020
Hi All,

Had a couple questions. I have an older 1993 Starclassic Galaxy Popup.

1. Our propane fridge never worked great and now is not working at all. I ran it for about 5 days recently and it didn't drop a single degree. Any suggestions on how to fix it or what to do with it?
2. Just got a new tow vehicle and working the tow numbers. I have always struggled with understanding how much to estimate our camping cargo. Does anyone have a good sense of how much camping cargo weighs for a family of 4 in a pop up? I'd love to have a more educated estimate.
Thanks,
Tim

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Best advise is weigh your TV, weigh your PUP empty. Load your TV, and PUP with your standard camp gear. Weigh both again. Look at weight limits for TV, and PUP. That would give you a baseline figure. This is a simplified explanation. We do not know new TV, nor weight of your family, how much gear is taken for each member, food, ice, battery size or number, propane tank size or number, bycicles, or several other variables. Although there are weight limits, there are a lot of questions that you should determine before completing a full assesment of weight. I hope this helps some. Thanks! See you on the trail.

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hi All,

1. Our propane fridge never worked great and now is not working at all. I ran it for about 5 days recently and it didn't drop a single degree. Any suggestions on how to fix it or what to do with it?
2. Just got a new tow vehicle and working the tow numbers. I have always struggled with understanding how much to estimate our camping cargo. Does anyone have a good sense of how much camping cargo weighs for a family of 4 in a pop up? I'd love to have a more educated estimate.
Thanks,
Tim
1. Clean the burner area and flue etc. There are some pretty good youtube videos that walk thru this process

2. We took our trailer to a truck stop and weighed it using the CAT scale, then did the same when loaded. You are carrying far more than you would think is what we found out.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
Hi All,

Thanks,
Tim
you never said if the 5-day run was on propane, 12V or 120V