Check your reservations periodically.

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
I love to camp at a certain state park. It takes a year to make reservations cause it’s a VERY popular campground. Possibly the best in AZ.

I made reservations last September 2021 for a doublesite for September 2022. I reserved it so my GF or family could join us. After checking my reservation the other day to confirm everything, I noticed something changed in my reservation. It went from a doublesite to a “premium RV site.” What does that mean? I couldn’t find anything online that defines a “premium RV site.” So I called customer service about my reservation. I was told the site is no longer considered as a doublesite but now only allows one trailer/RV and an extra vehicle. Plus no tents are allowed so that means the persons in the extra vehicle must sleep inside my trailer. SMH! :mad:

Be sure to continually check your reservations because sometimes they are changed or the site allowable equipment changes without notifications.

Looks like I’m going to have to cancel my reservations because it is no longer considered a doublesite. I am going to have go boondocking if I want to camp with my GF and or family somewhere else that weekend.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
I checked my email reservation and there’s no description of being a doublesite or premium rv site on it. Just the campsite number only is listed. I happened to go and check their website recently to confirm campsite allowances for my campsite when I noticed it’s no longer being described as a doublesite.

I should of screenshot the allowable equipment and campsite details when I made the reservation. Because it’s not mentioned in my reservations details. :mad:

This is a HARD lesson learned for me. I will screenshot all my reservations moving forward. I spoke to two different customer service representatives at different times. Also, when I spoke with CS for the reservation, they said they are moving to a new reservation program. I recommended they add the definition for a “premium RV site”. And I am hoping they have more details in their website and email reservations transaction. Unfortunately it’s not like reserving from Recreation.gov where I can keep a log of my reservations. It’s a State website that’s going through changes from what I’m told. All I have is my sparsely detailed email for my reservation. TOTALLY SUCKS!

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Reactions: NLB

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
Yup - printing the details and/or screnshots is essential, becasue it allows you to, later, truly double check things before the vacation begins. (let alone debate things on site, with staff). This is where having your email online also helps.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Va. state parks went from Reserve America to some other system, every time they change crap it's a major cluster bang; what used to be simple & worked now requires a dang degree...at least they transferred my reservations from last year to this year...