cleaning camper body

thecakerator

Jul 3, 2008
MI
I want to wash and wax the outside of our camper today but don't know what the best stuff to use is. We are not cleaning the canvas just the body itself. It's a 95 viking with the pin stripping, some is coming off, and we don't want anything harsh to take off the remaining stripping as most of it is still in good shape. Thanks

jtuc1

Northeast Alabama
Sep 3, 2007
I would use the same thing to wash the camper that I use on the car. I usually use the car wash stuff that has the wax built in. If I am out of that, I just use dish liquid. If you have any stubborn stains like mildew, Resort to common household cleaners made for mildew. After the stain is scrubbed away, rewash those areas with the car wash/wax product.

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
Dish soap should never be used to wash a car. Too strong. Good old fashion car wash is all that is needed to wash. Wash from the bottom up, less streaks. As for a wax/polish, NuFinsh in the orange bottle does a good job and is easy to use.

thecakerator

Jul 3, 2008
MI
well it was the car wash that we went with. It cost us 5.00 roughly to wash it. Not to bad, and sure heck of a lot easier then washing it by hand here in the driveway! Now its all washed and set up, airing out. No mice damage!! We wanted to wax it, but with the body having so many ridges to the surface, we decided we were to lazy.