Coleman oven

Ronal Owens

Jun 27, 2021
I use the Toaster oven Nostalgia BST3AQ 3-in-1 and I love it, can bake cakes, make coffee or burn eggs or sausages. Often use it to make breakfast, very convenient

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
I've seen that thing reviewed on YouTube. It's pretty awesome looking! But that requires electricity?

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
I've seen that thing reviewed on YouTube. It's pretty awesome looking! But that requires electricity?
Yes, that's my problem with it. It requires electricity. The only way I could get electricity is with my generator. I never have plug-ins. Also, I have a very small Viking. There is no room to store it. But I wouldn't mind having one for home use.

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
I've got a Pizza stone from Amazon that lines the bottom of my Coleman oven. Without it the oven is more or less useless as it burns the bottom of anything and the tops are left uncooked... The stone REALLY helps even out heat distribution. I also wrap top, back and sides with foil to reduce heat loss through all those holes...

Honestly if I am out in camp for an extended period and want to do baking, winters in particular, the Coleman oven IS a nice item to have, but it is, fidgety...
I ordered the pizza stone as recommended, but was thinking through the problem- and the main issue is probably that the heat escapes too quickly out the top. While the stone doesn't fix any of this directly it does turn the heat into infrared heat, and thereby cooks better. Why the heat isn't reflected off the top is another question. Guess I'll have to give this concept a shot.

dbhost

Super Active Member
Sep 19, 2018
League City, Texas USA.
I ordered the pizza stone as recommended, but was thinking through the problem- and the main issue is probably that the heat escapes too quickly out the top. While the stone doesn't fix any of this directly it does turn the heat into infrared heat, and thereby cooks better. Why the heat isn't reflected off the top is another question. Guess I'll have to give this concept a shot.

That is why when I use mine, I use the pizza stone, which yes, basically changes it to indirect heat. I also foil top, sides, and back of the oven.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
I
I dunno why I bought this thing, other than the fact that I might one day like to make cinininon rolls.
I considered the omnia, but the shape just didn't sit right with me.
At least I can use some of my smaller toaster pans.

Didn't tell the Boss yet...
I made pot pies in my Coleman oven, it worked perfectly.

Spridle

Super Active Member
Jun 6, 2011
Note to self, take cinnamon rolls for the next trip in the Niagara.

Last edited:

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX