Curtain holder for dinette slide out

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
Can anyone tell me what the correct curtain rod/ holder is supposed to look like in the dinette section of a 2001 coleman bayside elite? Looks like the previous owner rigged this in place.

Attachments

• 20221025_081351.jpg
    20221025_081351.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9

Briorick

Sep 2, 2012
Southern Illinois
Can anyone tell me what the correct curtain rod/ holder is supposed to look like in the dinette section of a 2001 coleman bayside elite? Looks like the previous owner rigged this in place.
We have the slide dinette as well on ours, albeit not the same Model, but it doesn't have any curtain rods. Just the zip down window coverings. Looks like the previous owner just made their own temporary rods ( neat idea ) as I doubt they come with any rods due to the design of the dinette bracket. I could be wrong, but I've never seen any curtain rods in any of the dinette slides I've been in.

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
We have the slide dinette as well on ours, albeit not the same Model, but it doesn't have any curtain rods. Just the zip down window coverings. Looks like the previous owner just made their own temporary rods ( neat idea ) as I doubt they come with any rods due to the design of the dinette bracket. I could be wrong, but I've never seen any curtain rods in any of the dinette slides I've been in.
That makes sense. There are two snaps on either side of the bow so now I'm wondering what connects to those.

Briorick

Sep 2, 2012
Southern Illinois
Wow thanks for that! We're on to something now. I just have to figure out if any are available. I didn't see any on colemanpopupparts.com.
If all else fails, looks as though this could be accomplished with some type of cording, string, etc., strung through the curtains and then the center looped over the Dinette Pole bracket, giving the swag appearance. It does give the camper a quaint homey feel to it.

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
If all else fails, looks as though this could be accomplished with some type of cording, string, etc., strung through the curtains and then the center looped over the Dinette Pole bracket, giving the swag appearance. It does give the camper a quaint homey feel to it.
Definitely a possibility. If I can't find the stock part I'll improve upon what's there