dog pics while at Jordan MN.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Way back when I had my border collie mix I always wondered how successful herding sheep she could do on her instinct alone without training. She was awesome about rounding up my foster dogs for me. Anything that moved caused her to nip at heels. She was the best babysitter around never had to worry where anyone was. Living in the city really wasn’t ideal for her, but I got inventive with games and other things to keep her mind active and sharp. I miss her but knew when she passed I could never keep up With another Not where I live.

Cindy Lou

Jul 1, 2021
Way back when I had my border collie mix I always wondered how successful herding sheep she could do on her instinct alone without training. She was awesome about rounding up my foster dogs for me. Anything that moved caused her to nip at heels. She was the best babysitter around never had to worry where anyone was. Living in the city really wasn’t ideal for her, but I got inventive with games and other things to keep her mind active and sharp. I miss her but knew when she passed I could never keep up With another Not where I live.
Long ago we had a border collie shepherd cross pup. She needed more activity than we could give her so we gave her to a fellow with cattle. She had the cattle rounded up and in before he had a chance to train her so it seems at least the smart ones know what to do on instinct.

Zephyr

Jun 18, 2013
central Oregon
Border collies are smart dogs. Years ago, we had a rescue border collie pup and an elderly, blind terrier mix. The terrier was alpha even though she could walk under the belly of the pup.

The terrier would get lost in the backyard and start walking in circles to find a landmark. The border collie would notice her circling and gently herd her to the back porch.

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
All dogs need exercising and training and the certainly includes BC's. My dad is now descending into Alzheimer's but all the years he ran dogs, we got many of his retired ones. Here is OJ we cared for his last 4 years. He was a champion at both sheep and cattle. I'll post more pics when I can. OJ in the stock yard.(ES).jpg

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
Here is a few more from the Jordan MN fair trials.

This is my dad's dog Jake who's a puppy he brought along to know what trials are about. The right dog is our grommit, who was also young then. We put down her this winter at 15yo. This is how socialized dogs act around each other. They bit and growled at each other for hours on end. They were both covered with saliva.
Jake Grommit (ES).jpg

My dad and Bobby wait to do there run.
Jordan Dad & Bobby (ES).jpg

Jordan Dad & Bobby DL shedding (ES).jpg

Jordan Dad, Sandy, Bobby & Jim ( ES).jpg Jordan draft horses.jpg

Attachments

• Jake Grommit (ES).jpg
    Jake Grommit (ES).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 1