Domestic 3 way fridge questions

Carl Schwarz

Oct 13, 2020
Also make sure there is no gap above your fridge, e.g. between the top of the fridge and a benchtop. I had a gap there and heat will store there and warm up the fridge, I filled that gap with rockwool insulation. I insulated the sides also just to help it stay cool while travelling since 12v cooling doesn't seem to do anything.

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
Also make sure there is no gap above your fridge, e.g. between the top of the fridge and a benchtop. I had a gap there and heat will store there and warm up the fridge, I filled that gap with rockwool insulation. I insulated the sides also just to help it stay cool while travelling since 12v cooling doesn't seem to do anything.
Ya I hear you there I pulled mine to clean and burp it and when I pulled it out there was like a 3 inch wide piece of insulation wrapped around the front edge was all so new fiberglass all the way around it too.

Some where on this forum I read about removing the top cover of the frige pannel to improve air flow. Looking at the top vent you have to wounder how hot air can freely exit the area. the air has to "bend" down to flow through the vent. Part of our setup proceedure is to remove the top vent. Run the setting at 2 now instead of 4 (2018 model).