Dometic RM7551 L Absorption Refrigerator Gas Electric Battery

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
Really stupid question, but we have the above refrigerator in our PUP and don't know which way to turn the temperature knob B to make it colder?
Do we turn it clockwise towards the bottom (7 o'clock position) with the bigger black areas?
Or counter clockwise towards the top (1 o'clock position) with the smaller black areas?

The owner's manual is less than helpful:

Attachments

• Fridge Knob.jpg
    Fridge Knob.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 33

Lug_Nut

May 29, 2016
Mt. Wachusett area, MA
That was asked in 2020. I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.
In general, a rotation knob turned clockwise* increases the item being controlled (temperature, sound volume, rate or frequency)
An adsorption refrigerator increases both heat and cold with that one knob. More heat (whether from electric or flame) should produce more cold as the result.

* Rotary indication clocks from the middle ages are mimicking the movement of a shadow on a sundial in the northern hemisphere. Had clocks come into widespread use in the southern hemisphere first, then the clock direction could well have been reversed from what we are accustomed to.

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
In general, a rotation knob turned clockwise* increases the item being controlled (temperature, sound volume, rate or frequency)
An adsorption refrigerator increases both heat and cold with that one knob. More heat (whether from electric or flame) should produce more cold as the result.

* Rotary indication clocks from the middle ages are mimicking the movement of a shadow on a sundial in the northern hemisphere. Had clocks come into widespread use in the southern hemisphere first, then the clock direction could well have been reversed from what we are accustomed to.
Yeah, I had asked this question back in 2020 and could not find it in my previous/old posts or in a general search.
Had turned it clockwise and left it for a day, fridge didn't feel that cold. Put cold drinks in and left it overnight. Next day the drinks were warm. We had it on electric at that point and didn't know if we had another problem or what. We switched to propane (which we usually use b/c it's colder), but I asked b/c figured it would be faster than the fridge maybe cooling down (it does take a long time).
Will be marking this in the book and on the dial.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj

Whats a rotery clock. Only digatal here lol. Thats like saying watch dial. [:D]

Lug_Nut

May 29, 2016
Mt. Wachusett area, MA
What's a rotary clock? Only digital here lol. That's like saying watch dial. [:D]
I just finished reading the morning "paper" and checked the overnight "mail" before coming here. I still "dial" a number on my phone(s).
I've switched to an analog dial watch as my close vision decreases because it's easier to see the dark hands' position on a white face than it was to read the numeral digits of the prior ones.

And that's another difference: It's quicker to "see" analog relationships than it is to "read" digital displays.
Next opportunity that you observe someone read their time piece, ask them what time it is. They'll almost always look again before replying if it was digital, seldom if analog.