Fireside Chat

Dan from Troup

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2018
Troup, Texas
Thanks all, what a year it's been with this. My dear wife Deb however is the real hero as she's endured allot going thru chemo, surgery and now radiation. Deb's an old fashioned farm girl so is no stranger to hard work. We're mostly plant based diet folks, exercise regularly and have an active relationship with God. A winning combination in my book.

MsMac

May 19, 2016
Oh, and Dan, sorry for not saying this earlier-- I am sending all best wishes to you and your wife. I got side-tracked by kitty litter and forgot the way more important thing. :)

jumpoff

I'm in a camping state of mind
Nov 3, 2015
North East Florida
Thanks all, what a year it's been with this. My dear wife Deb however is the real hero as she's endured allot going thru chemo, surgery and now radiation. Deb's an old fashioned farm girl so is no stranger to hard work. We're mostly plant based diet folks, exercise regularly and have an active relationship with God. A winning combination in my book.

Hope your wife continues to recover. Said a prayer for her and you're right, that is a "winning combination"

1380ken

Super Active Member
Nov 7, 2013
Mass
Living out in the country, mice and rats are all about. Maybe stuff some steel wool up those cavities first. Deb had a mastcetomy last Monday as she battles breast cancer. Pathology report no more cancer now. Still have radiation to do which is all summer. Hope to get her out in the Fall with our new PUP. Probably do some driveway camping first. Where we live, it looks like a state park so oughta seem like the real thing.
Good luck , my wife just finished radiation before our last camping trip. It gave her something to look forward to.

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California
Here's hoping Deb and all the other family members and friends out there make it through with flying colors and have many many years of camping in their future!

Dan from Troup

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2018
Troup, Texas
Hurray, today is Deb's last radiation treatment and last major treatment. She's been thru chemo and surgery and now recovers from such a radical experience. So far all is going well and we're thankful for another day together. 1380Ken, our prayers are with you guys too and others here who struggle with this malady. Thanks Toedtoes.

Dan from Troup

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2018
Troup, Texas
Sorry I’ve been MIA lately. I put my business on hold this year with Debs cancer and now we’re back to a regular schedule. That’s because Deb is doing fine now and is nearly done with treatments and has one final reconstruction surgery after Thanksgiving. Now that I’m getting things back to normal, I’ve also begun working on the camper and getting into camping mode soon.

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
Sorry I’ve been MIA lately. I put my business on hold this year with Debs cancer and now we’re back to a regular schedule. That’s because Deb is doing fine now and is nearly done with treatments and has one final reconstruction surgery after Thanksgiving. Now that I’m getting things back to normal, I’ve also begun working on the camper and getting into camping mode soon.

Praise God! So nice to hear from you guys.

McCampers

Oct 16, 2016
Good to hear her chemo went well. Thoughts and prayers continue. Cancer survivors also have a hard time emotionally after they win the battle. We are all here to stay the fight.