First time rehab 1998 Dutchmond

Foster.S

May 15, 2022
Hi. Im Spencer from NH been camping in the past and now just getting back into the groove again. Im doing a rehab on a 1998 Dutchmond 1004 popup and have the gas lines to rebuild as all the lines have been cut or missing any idea on how the lines are layed out from the front to the furnace and refrig?The furnace is self lighting are all the line tied from the front tank regulator to a splitter then the direct connect to each unit.

Last edited:

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
On my Coleman, from the two-Stage regulator, I have a low pressure line direct to the curbside connection that serves the outside stove. I have a low pressure line that runs along the streetside from front to rear, with a tee to serve each appliance; Water heater, 3 way fridge, inside stove, furnace. (In order from front to rear).
If I was redoing my system I would have a shut off valve for each appliance, Coleman didn’t do that.
3/8” is large enough for each branch. 1/2” for main line should be adequate depending on location of appliances and your camping style.
Refer to install requirement manuals for furnace and water heater to ensure adequate gas supply needs are met. A too small main line results in poor combustion for those high volume appliances.
All lines should be protected from chafing and vibration, and pipe dope/Teflon tape is not used on flared fittings.
Lastly, double check each connection for leaks with a soap solution or propane sniffer.
Also install an RV propane detector inside the camper.
As you know, propane is dangerous. If you are unsure about your ability please find a professional to either assist you or accomplish the task.
Happy Trails!

SteveP

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
May 21, 2015
Permanent LP installations require a stronger grade of copper than the soft tubing used in water plumbing due to the potential pressures involved. Check with your local LP supplier for advice. They may also provide help with some fabrication, getting a proper flare on gas line is not as easy as it sounds.

Foster.S

May 15, 2022
Permanent LP installations require a stronger grade of copper than the soft tubing used in water plumbing due to the potential pressures involved. Check with your local LP supplier for advice. They may also provide help with some fabrication, getting a proper flare on gas line is not as easy as it sounds.
Thankyou for the advice I just found some of the old lines. I just completed one line and is functional with the proper flare. sealed tested with no leaks. Thankyou again for all your support.