Food Saver Marinator Container

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
I have an actual Food Saver one with a hose inlet. Used it to store curry I got in UAE... seemed to work okay. Never did marinade in it though.

Jimbow

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Nov 30, 2012
I received one as a gift. Used it a couple times. Gave it away. Never missed it.

LilRed

Super Active Member
Jan 9, 2021
Long Island NY
I had/have a similar one, although I think smaller container. It does work well for infusing marinades or if you are not skilled like me, just italian salad dressing into chicken breasts. I never think to use it in recent years, but is also because I never seem to think ahead for any meals either.

BBQdave

Aug 31, 2016
North Carolina
Received similar vacuum container as a gift. It's handy for quick marinade or seasoning.

Though I find most of the time I just use a bag with marinade in the fridge overnight :)

Arruba

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2014
Central Oregon
My Food Saver came with one I think. Either way I have one that worked fine the couple times I’ve used it. I usually speed marinade. Basically get a BIG gauge needle and big syringe from the local feed and seed, then inject marinade into whatever is getting cooked. If you have something even kinda chunky in it, like diced onion, jalapeño or dill seed; run it through the blender first.

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
I have one or two. It came with my vacu sealer when it was a promo for the quick seal thing. Does it work? eh. Yes. It does. But they are a bit more of a pain to cleanup as the lid is "reinforced" to prevent collapse. So I've basically used it only a handful of times, and now is used to store other stuff as its pretty durable.

BBQdave

Aug 31, 2016
North Carolina
I'll add my recent experience of using Rubbermaid food containers. When snapping the lid in place, if you push down in the center of the lid, you get that vacuum seal.

Rubbermaid food containers provide close to the same function, and clean up easier :)

BBQdave

Aug 31, 2016
North Carolina
Very different levels of vacuum!
I understand :)

I was listening to a foody podcast, and the chef put forth that you do not gain that much marinading. That if you cook with some of that marinade on your food you have the same result. Not sure I believe that.

However, admittedly, my palate discerns little difference between seasoning on the spot and an overnight marinade. I tend to slow cook, so how much does marinading gain me?

At this point, I tend to season up, add some apple cider vinegar, and into the slow cooker it all goes :)
The only difference is how tender the meat is: if I season and fry vs. season and slow cooker. Same base ingredients, same flavor.

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
It does work. But you don't need to do it for hours. Like a Marshmello expanding in a vac, the meat also expands.. soaking some marinade. However if your cooking low and slow, the pores of the meat haven't closed up, thus allowing your marinade to get in