Go or stay home

Mark60

Aug 23, 2020
TN
Well wouldn’t you know it, holiday weekend and rain chances for storms is straight 60 percent Friday through all of next week.I have had reservations since December for this weekend. I guess I could take a tarp. Camper has not been tested in storms yet, 2002 model all original .

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
I would go to check out your rig. Agree with Steve, on the weatherman not getting it right. We never, ever pass up a chance for camp. Even if we sit inside, and I have beat the DW at dominoes, or gin. Enjoy the camp. See you on the trail.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Go out and enjoy yourselves. Buy a couple of rain suits for those times it rains, perhaps bring a tarp for a Just in case and give your unit a good test. You can still hike in the rain, check out the surrounding area, try a local restaurant. If rain isn’t sideways you can still sit Under the awning and just enjoy the beauty of the rain. I hung up clear shower curtain on my awning one rain storm and it worked great to keep me dry And still give mea view. I try Not to let rain stop me unless it’s a flooding rain.

bluespruce

Jul 6, 2011
We used to cancel camping trips when rain was forecasted when we tented but that was one of the reasons we bought a PUP. sitting in a tent in the rain is no fun but in the pup we play games or figure something else out. Take a drive, go explore something else. Forces us to get creative and think outside the box. Or, if it’s warm enough we just put on the raincoats and carry on.

go Make some memories. even being miserable can be a fond memory you can laugh about… later…

tombiasi

Super Active Member
Sep 1, 2012
Northwestern New Jersey
Well wouldn’t you know it, holiday weekend and rain chances for storms is straight 60 percent Friday through all of next week.I have had reservations since December for this weekend. I guess I could take a tarp. Camper has not been tested in storms yet, 2002 model all original .
Do you think I should have a salad for lunch? I wonder how many people think I should have a salad for lunch.
I wouldn't want to have a salad if most people thought I shouldn't.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
I check the Weather Channel everyday and everyday, the forecast changes. Now it looks like off/on rain on Saturday here in SE Pennsylvania and rain early morning on Sunday. No problem, at least I'm not at work. I only worry if they are calling for rain on the day I'm breaking camp. Never want to put the camper away wet and it's also a PITA to take-down in the rain.

jnbarrett

Mar 30, 2022
Winnipeg, MB
I check the Weather Channel everyday and everyday, the forecast changes. Now it looks like off/on rain on Saturday here in SE Pennsylvania and rain early morning on Sunday. No problem, at least I'm not at work. I only worry if they are calling for rain on the day I'm breaking camp. Never want to put the camper away wet and it's also a PITA to take-down in the rain.

We set our tarp up over the camper, if it's raining, we can break down the camper under the tarp and stay dry, along with the camper lol.

I bought a 30ft x 12ft tarp and bungie it to the trees surrounding to cover the camper. If no trees, then stake to the ground away from the camper ... as you lower the camper, the tarp will lower with it.