Goodyear Endurance?

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
That's what we have on our popup. They roll and stuff. Haven't had any problems. I guess all tires are good until they aren't, right?

We've probably done 3000ish miles on them and they look new. I would guess that my loaded popup is just shy of 4000 lbs.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
After a Carlisle blowout last year, I did a lot of trailer tire research. Goodyear Endurance looked like the best choice for me. They were close to 50% more expensive than many of the competitors, though.

As far as the research goes, I researched those Carlisles and thought they were the best choice when I bought them, too....lol

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
I had a TMPS system and had stopped less than 20 minutes prior to my blowout and checked the tire temps with a heat gun. I did not have a blowout from a slow leak and a overheated tire. I had a sudden failure.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
I have had very good service from Goodyear tires on the TV. Really only set of tires I ever remember having trouble with was a set of Firestones on Dad's pickup back in my high school days. After a couple year one by one everyone of them blew within a couple months. I had failures with other brands but never a whole set.

The Endurance tires are overkill for our HTT. They will never be near max weight rating and the 87 mph speed rating is far beyond what I need. I'm sure my truck would pull it that fast, but I have no desire to travel that fast towing a camper. I also cringe to think what the rate of fuel consumption would be. Going from 65 mph to 75 mph dropped my mpg from 13 to 9.6.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
I hope the Endurance tires end up being better than the Marathons they replaced. Their are a lot of Marathon blowout stories out there.

I plan to upgrade TTs in the next few years. The newer one will have 16" LT tires on it.

jeepster04

Nov 23, 2010
When I was looking for tires, the Endurances got nothing but good reviews. Unfortunately they didnt make them in the size our popup needed, so I settled with whatever the local tire shop said was good..... Cant remember what they gave me, but I had never heard of them.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
the original tires on our 17' TT were Kenda Loadstar, same as we had on our Coleman Cobalt. When we needed new tires, we went with Goodyear Endurance, in part because they were a load range higher. While it's subtle, they do "feel" better on the road. We're now on our second set, so no regrets.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
When I was looking for tires, the Endurances got nothing but good reviews. Unfortunately they didnt make them in the size our popup needed, so I settled with whatever the local tire shop said was good..... Cant remember what they gave me, but I had never heard of them.
I have found as you go smaller the selection of tires also decreases. There were no tires in 12" that met both the weight required and the speed desired for our PUP. Fortunately 13" was an option on ours and had plenty of room. Rainier was the only brand I could find that met both weight and speed. I sold the PUP after one year. Up to that point they were doing great. 14" for the HTT has a couple options and once you get into the 15" and 16" tires you get even more options.

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
I installed them when they first came out. Very good. My tire shop stoped stocking all other trailer tires. They said they were that good. They can still get other trailer tires from the ware house.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
I hope the Endurance tires end up being better than the Marathons they replaced. Their are a lot of Marathon blowout stories out there.

I plan to upgrade TTs in the next few years. The newer one will have 16" LT tires on it.

All the fifth-wheel guys swear by Goodyear Endurance. I've used Carlisles on trailers for years. Never had a problem.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
I thought fairly highly of Carlisle trailer tires until I got bit. I might put them on a boat or utility trailer, but doubt if I'll try them again on a TT. I would have gone with 15" LT tires if they had came in my size.

Jeep Guy

Mar 7, 2018
I doubt there is any tire brand out there that has never experienced a blowout. Now I am sure some brands are better and experience fewer blowouts than other brands. My popup uses 12" rims and there are no USA made tires in that size that I can find. I am using Kenda Karrier radials in a load range D. I bought my popup used in 2018 and I installed new tires right away. So far they have been great. In 2020, we towed the popup from Louisiana to Colorado and the tires performed great.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
I doubt there is any tire brand out there that has never experienced a blowout. Now I am sure some brands are better and experience fewer blowouts than other brands. My popup uses 12" rims and there are no USA made tires in that size that I can find. I am using Kenda Karrier radials in a load range D. I bought my popup used in 2018 and I installed new tires right away. So far they have been great. In 2020, we towed the popup from Louisiana to Colorado and the tires performed great.
Our PUP had 12" when we got it. 13" was an option on our model so I stepped up to Rainier ST175/80R-13 load range D speed rated M (81 mph) on ours. The little taller tire nearly eliminated scraping the back bumper. They did a great job for the one season we had it beyond that.

Ronal Owens

Jun 27, 2021
I am using Goodyear Unisteel G614 RST and very satisfied with it. These tires are balanced, always inflated according to Goodyear weight chart guidelines, and are used in conjunction with a tire pressure/temperature monitoring system. They are a bit more expensive but I am satisfied because of the good quality.