Hey there!!! From Hampton Roads, VA

Jimbow

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Nov 30, 2012
Welcome from Texas. Everywhere is within walking distance if you have enough time. Everything is DIY if you have enough money.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
good ones in the state you’ve been too!
One of my regular campgrounds is North Bend campground on Kerr Lake. It’s further inland and on the NC/VA border. I always choose a water front/view site there. I have tried out Kiptopeke State Park down your way on the other side of the tunnel although the prime sites are nearly impossible to get and a lot of others have no shade. It was fun and so wish I had my kayak when I went, just don’t go on a near 100* day like I did. Most of the places I go though are always in the mountains and Shenandoah national Park, and Smoky Mountains national Park are regulars for me if your not afraid to ”rough” it.

Courtnicolee

Dec 4, 2022
Southeastern, VA
One of my regular campgrounds is North Bend campground on Kerr Lake. It’s further inland and on the NC/VA border. I always choose a water front/view site there. I have tried out Kiptopeke State Park down your way on the other side of the tunnel although the prime sites are nearly impossible to get and a lot of others have no shade. It was fun and so wish I had my kayak when I went, just don’t go on a near 100* day like I did. Most of the places I go though are always in the mountains and Shenandoah national Park, and Smoky Mountains national Park are regulars for me if your not afraid to ”rough” it.
I grew up going to North Bend, definitely looking forward to going in our own camper there. I have not been to Kiptopeke, will have to check that out & we are definitely interested in the mountainous areas once we get used to the camper and do some upgrades so we can go off grid. Thank you (;