How did you come up with your screen name?

Lots of new folks........Had an old thread asking this in 2009. Whats the story behind your username?
Mine is simply a nickname my parents gave me as a youngster, and my birthday....nothing to do with beer.
My 12yo is heavily into Dungeons and Dragons games. We were reminding him the DM was the omnipotent ruler of the game. He piped up, “so like mom, Momnipotent, but not as powerful as Mom, right?” Ergo, my handle, Momnipotent.

Bloodhound01

Mar 21, 2021
My dog Arlo is my life, he’s a 100 lb baby and goes just about everywhere with me. Now if only I could get him to learn to ride on the back of the harleys. DEFC300A-06BD-4934-8EAB-41EE992DD3C0.jpeg 9F76D748-7D0D-461E-8172-934EBE6C237D.jpeg

turtletop

Mar 22, 2021
Illinois
My Dad liked to go camping. So he made a homemade car tinkop carrier with sheet plywood shaped in a half circle . the opening was on one side with lots of wing nuts and fender washers. (it took a while to open all those screws. My mom called it the turtle top. Alone, it looked more like the top third of a colby cheese with the narrow end at the front and back. it was about 16 inches tall in the middle and was about 5'w x6' long front to back. However on top of a station wagon with, if you can imagine it, wheels for legs, the whole shadow looked more turtle like) that's how I got started camping.

Flemtone

Apr 4, 2021
Morris County, NJ
I've been in a band called The Fabulous Flemtones for some 35 years. We had a standing monthly gig at a local NJ pub the last Friday of every month and had our 34th anniversary show there the end of February, 2020. Turns out two of the four of us had COVID-19 at that show (the early non-communicable stage) and we lost our drummer some three weeks later to the virus. The three remaining 'tones are hopefully going to be playing out again but it's a long rebuilding process when you lose someone who's so instrumental to the sound of the band. I first started playing with him back in 1974 in high school and I use the band name in his honor.

strangiato

Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2020
Aston, PA
I've been in a band called The Fabulous Flemtones for some 35 years. We had a standing monthly gig at a local NJ pub the last Friday of every month and had our 34th anniversary show there the end of February, 2020. Turns out two of the four of us had COVID-19 at that show (the early non-communicable stage) and we lost our drummer some three weeks later to the virus. The three remaining 'tones are hopefully going to be playing out again but it's a long rebuilding process when you lose someone who's so instrumental to the sound of the band. I first started playing with him back in 1974 in high school and I use the band name in his honor.
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about that. It's a nice way to honor your friend.

Sweetpea

Mar 31, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota
Bummer.

Kaytayqt

Mar 29, 2021
Ohio, USA
My condolences Flemtone. This last year has certainly been a crazy one we'll all remember.
I had a group of friends that gave me the nickname Kaytay in my early 20's. Qt is short for cutie and I've used it for decades now. Only seemed logical to use it here

xfireflunky

Jun 5, 2021
Southern NM
mine was a progession as a firefighter I started out using "firefighter" as the internet progressed I found that name usually taken so I settled on fireflunky. A firefighters job is 90% grunt work, so it fits. When I retired I became xfirefighter.

Cabaglady

Jun 6, 2021
Lots of new folks........Had an old thread asking this in 2009. Whats the story behind your username?
Mine is simply a nickname my parents gave me as a youngster, and my birthday....nothing to do with beer.
CA = California where I live. The rest: I love to sew, and especially, I love to sew bags, probably because I am always toting them.

SaltyGopher

May 25, 2021
Western Canada
Mine is our camper’s name. Which is after a line in a song about a guy who lost his job and decided to become a pirate on the Saskatchewan River. They call each other a Salty Gopher and it just kills me every time!

poplife

i'm a long life Prince fan and his Pop Life song title fits perfectly with my new pop up camper adventures. my husband doesn't completely agree...he's a parrothead (jimmy buffett fan) but i'm the computer savy one in the family so Prince it is. lol [LOL]

Last edited: