Hueston Woods State Park, Ohio

May 1, 2022
We had a great family trip to Hueston Woods State Park last weekend. While we had Shore Power, we didn't use anything other than the 12v fans for all but the last night. (When it rained)

20220909_135143.jpg

20220908_183925.jpg

20220909_145424.jpg

We had an oopsie on one of the second night. My sister and her husband arrived and hopped in the king bed, and around 4:45am that night, the nut on the bolt that holds the bed slider track to the wall popped off. I guess it had just vibrated off over time. This caused the track to pop away from the wall and rip the stitches in the corner of the bed. Scary stuff!

We ended up having to pack up wet, but I needed to make repairs anyway. I ended up restitching the corner of the pop-up with a Speedy Stitcher, which seems to have worked!

5de59ca0-9e39-42aa-832b-94c790f0e364.jpg

I hope everyone has a great rest of the year camping!

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
We had a great family trip to Hueston Woods State Park last weekend. While we had Shore Power, we didn't use anything other than the 12v fans for all but the last night. (When it rained)

View attachment 87905

View attachment 87906

View attachment 87907

We had an oopsie on one of the second night. My sister and her husband arrived and hopped in the king bed, and around 4:45am that night, the nut on the bolt that holds the bed slider track to the wall popped off. I guess it had just vibrated off over time. This caused the track to pop away from the wall and rip the stitches in the corner of the bed. Scary stuff!

We ended up having to pack up wet, but I needed to make repairs anyway. I ended up restitching the corner of the pop-up with a Speedy Stitcher, which seems to have worked!

View attachment 87908

I hope everyone has a great rest of the year camping!
Maybe they shouldn't have hopped in! Just kidding 😂.