Intro - 2015 Jayco Jay Series 1007UD

camper_chell

Sep 23, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Hi Folks,

We're from Southern Ontario, Canada. Dad, mom and two boys under 5.

We recently purchased a 2015 Jayco Jay Series 1007UD.

Long time campers of various types however this is out first popup. We did own a RPOD 172 for a few years before the popup but sadly the floor fell apart.

Attached are some pictures of our first trip a few weeks ago to Algonquin Park.

Looking forward to reading and learning with all the fine folks here.

Attachments

• tempImagex1aAq1.png
    tempImagex1aAq1.png
    802.6 KB · Views: 18
  • tempImagewCxdTS.png
    tempImagewCxdTS.png
    830.1 KB · Views: 18

Greg H

Mar 22, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Welcome! Southern Ontario here too. Beautiful pics - whereabouts in Algonquin was that?

Hi Folks,

We're from Southern Ontario, Canada. Dad, mom and two boys under 5.

We recently purchased a 2015 Jayco Jay Series 1007UD.

Long time campers of various types however this is out first popup. We did own a RPOD 172 for a few years before the popup but sadly the floor fell apart.

Attached are some pictures of our first trip a few weeks ago to Algonquin Park.

Looking forward to reading and learning with all the fine folks here.

camper_chell

Sep 23, 2021
Ontario, Canada
This was at the Pog Lake Campground. Very nice campground overall however the site that we had was not the best. These pictures don't show the otherwise which was all open to a bunch of other campsites.

Greg H

Mar 22, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the feedback - we haven’t tried Pog Lake yet but will keep an eye out for privacy if we do go there at some point.

This was at the Pog Lake Campground. Very nice campground overall however the site that we had was not the best. These pictures don't show the otherwise which was all open to a bunch of other campsites.

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Welcome to the Portal from North Bay..

If your interested, there are still some non electric sites at Restoule P.P for the Thanksgiving Gathering this weekend. .

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
We did own a RPOD 172 for a few years before the popup but sadly the floor fell apart.
First off welcome from Northern Virginia. An RPod was one of the campers I was looking at getting if I eventually upgrade. I’m kind of curious what happened to your floor? My parents had a Rockwood Ultralight TT that also had a bad floor. Although in that one the manufacturer felt a foam sandwich was a strong enough platform which everyone knows is not.

camper_chell

Sep 23, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. About a month ago we actually managed to get a site at Presquile for this weekend. I will definitely keep an eye out for future gatherings. Hopefully you have a good weekend and the weather isn't too bad.

Welcome to the Portal from North Bay..

If your interested, there are still some non electric sites at Restoule P.P for the Thanksgiving Gathering this weekend. .

camper_chell

Sep 23, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I was new to the RVing so I didn't know what to look for when we purchased it used. After a few trips I noticed there was a section of the floor near the dinette that was soft. I couldn't find anywhere that water was getting in so it seemed like this was just the other issue that occurs with these foam sandwich floors from over use.

However when I went to check on it over the winter, the floor was actually crunchy. In the spring I tore up the vinyl and almost all the plywood was soaked throughout the floor. The damage was especially bad in the corners where the storage areas were. After calling around, it didn't seem like it made sense to fix, especially given the age of the RPOD.

It was a very expensive lesson to learn.

First off welcome from Northern Virginia. An RPod was one of the campers I was looking at getting if I eventually upgrade. I’m kind of curious what happened to your floor? My parents had a Rockwood Ultralight TT that also had a bad floor. Although in that one the manufacturer felt a foam sandwich was a strong enough platform which everyone knows is not.