Is your camper for sale?

fourhallatts

Super Active Member
Jul 18, 2015
North Syracuse, New York
Have you ever had anyone stop at your house (or even knock on your door) to ask if you would like to sell your pup? I have had it happen several times recently and I'm beginning to wonder why it keeps happening. We do not have a sign on it but something keeps attracting them. I even had one guy knock on my door to ask and when I said no he said he had cash he could pay me with right then and there. We don't camp as often as we would like but we get out several times each season and have no intention of selling right now. It really is an oddity and sometimes a little creepy. Happy camping everybody!

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
Don't kid yourself, EVERYTHING is for sale for the right price! [;)]

I think if that happened to me it might make me a little nervous, like someone was casing me and getting a feel for a situation.

BelchFire

I speak fluent vise-grip
Mar 29, 2012
SE Georgia
It's not you, it's the buyer. I even considered asking a couple of houses where I saw a p'up just sitting. Some buyers aren't as resourceful as others, some are stellar at finding what they want. Door to door could be considered a genious strategy or a last ditch effort; it just depends on who you ask.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
There was a time when we had our first, tiny, pup that I finally put a sign on it, something to the effect that it wasn't for sale, but that an offer of some ridiculous amount in cash might convince us. I think I quoted $5000 or something - since it didn't have a canvas at the time, and needed some other repairs. Granted, sub-800# pups weren't plentiful, but it still surprised us.

BirdsNest

Jun 12, 2017
Utah
If someone were to offer me enough for it, I would gladly sell my PUP. It would be hard to replace the fantastic deal that we got on it, but "the right price" would take care of that. ;)

I paid about $2500 below low/poor NADA list value earlier this year and the PUP is in almost perfect condition, so it would have to be a pretty crazy offer to convince me to sell it any time soon.

xvz12

Super Active Member
Apr 6, 2017
ID
Funny you should post this thread at this time......just had a person stop just last evening & ask if our PUP was for sale. I have it parked out in our pasture at the moment, rather than it's normal spot, since it & my TV had to be towed in last week (story in another thread):
http://www.popupportal.com/threads/camping-trip-from-h-e-well-you-get-the-idea.113663/

Anyways, since it's still sitting out in the pasture (still waiting on my TV to get back from the shop), I guess they figured it's fair game...lol

shuang2

Super Active Member
Apr 20, 2010
Back in 2015, we bought our 2007 Fleetwood Sequoia, we met same request several times. I think I have same feeling like you!

fourhallatts

Super Active Member
Jul 18, 2015
North Syracuse, New York
Maybe it's fate telling you it's time to sell.
Now's the time to upgrade!;)

We would love to upgrade but unfortunately our our bank account says no!

Everything I own is for sale at MY price. If someone ever came to my house and wanted to pay my outrageous price for my camper, I'd sell it. Then I'd get a new one

[LOL] When I texted my DH he said SURE for $10,000!

Spawndn72

Jul 29, 2016
When I was looking for a pup we did stop at a couple of places to ask if their pup was for sale. Both of those were places we passed frequently and noticed that the pup had not been moved in several months. Both times we were told no. But it never hurts to ask.

MsMac

May 19, 2016
We have a neighbor that keeps theirs front and center in their driveway. Sometimes it's opened, sometimes not. The other day, my partner and I saw it popped up and commented that they might be using it for a "guest bedroom". I could definitely see, especially in our area, someone stopping to inquire about whether it's for sale, especially when it's opened. I can definitely see though how that might be disconcerting to the owner.

DigitalGuru

Jul 5, 2011
Michigan
I've had that happen to me when I was driving my Jeep Liberty CRD, but only once for the camper. Usually in parking lots or gas stations. For the Jeep, I had someone offer me my purchase price after 5 years of driving it. If I was near my house and not on a road trip I might have taken them up on it!

JustRelax

Super Active Member
Feb 20, 2013
Indianapolis
I used to have a Dodge Dakota RT back in the day and was asked it I wanted to sell. Nobody that asked offered enough or had cash on them so didn't go far, but did get asked frequently.

TheEvilKaren

"That's what I do; I drink and I know things."
Jan 2, 2015
Nope. Ours lives in outdoor storage a good 20 miles from our house. The city fines us if it's in the driveway for more than 48 hours.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
I think it should be up to you, if you want to sell ok, but if not then keep it, after all it is yours and the decision is up to you. I know I have sold several over the years and usually put a sign out front on the side of the PUP, usually within a day or two...and usually sold so I could upgrade. We live in a rural area with a lot of traffic going by and we have no laws requiring us to park elsewhere.

internetauthor

First Time PuP Owner in Texas!
Jun 13, 2015
Mine lives in the garage so it's not highly visible. One day while I was puttering around in the garage with the door up, apparently one of our neighbors strolled over and spoke to my husband about the pop-up and whether or not we would sell it. He said no, of course. A friend of mine has an old Ford Ranger in his driveway and gets questions constantly about selling the small truck - some things are just desirable, I guess.

campagain

Jun 24, 2017
When I was looking for my pup, my budget was low, and just about every one I saw was missing its title! Maybe your interested parties are running into the same issue.