It doesn’t get much more wildlife then this

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Not nearly as impressive as Bison but still cool when they wander through.
View attachment 87289
Is this from Assateague Island National Seashore? I went when I was a kid. Unfortunately what I remember of it was the mosquitoes were killers and the second you stepped out of the tent you were attacked. The horses at camp were cool but not cool enough for us to go outside.

Overland

May 1, 2013
Bristol, Pa
If you pass by Scenic SD stop in and see if the Saloon is open.. it's as close to an old west saloon (dirt floor) as you'll find these days. It does occasionally open for business.. but i was never able to catch it.

Across the street is a guy with a small museum type place with some cool old stuff as well.

Enjoy your trip Steve..

jonkquil

Super Active Member
Jul 20, 2009
ooohh can I please add to this one?

2 weeks ago we were camping at East Lake, Oregon. Had kayaked to the other side of the lake, had settled on the bank to have a picnic, this beauty was in the tree behind us! We sat watching in awe of him, he was magnificent. He however, looked totally pi**ed off with us, I think we ruined his fishing trip! So we quickly took a pic then moved on!

Attachments

• 20220816_141901.jpg
    20220816_141901.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 14

PointyCamper

Nov 25, 2015
Is this from Assateague Island National Seashore? I went when I was a kid. Unfortunately what I remember of it was the mosquitoes were killers and the second you stepped out of the tent you were attacked. The horses at camp were cool but not cool enough for us to go outside.
Yes. It is Assateague National Seashore. We dont go during bug season since it is open year round. But I have heard many people talk about the insect population!
Last year I had the pleasure of seeing an idiot kicked over by a horse after she smacked it with a plastic sand shovel. Darwin contender.....