January 2023 - what did you do for your camper?

campfire Joe

Jan 27, 2015
peru new york
I got it on amazon. Surprisingly easy to setup. You pull it out and give it a twist. Each layer then interlocks into each other. It even supported my heavy butt.

The cover flips a full 270, so you cant lean on it and break it (like the reliance potty lids).
So is it pretty easy to dump out every day. we would only use it for nighttime pee breaks. We usually camp at campgrounds for other bathroom needs. we don't boondock camp.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
Hmmm... Ordered a device charging back-up. I travel with a Milwaukee cordless drill/driver from their M12 line and a couple spare batteries. They seem to have a compact charger now that can recharge their M12 batteries via outlet, or with a USB port in your vehicle (Probably pretty slow to charge via USB). And it looks like you can also use it with an M12 battery as a device charger. There's obviously lots of power banks out there for recharging phones and devices, but since I already travel with M12s it seems like a compact back-up idea and small enough to throw in a pouch, or pack while on a day-trip away from camp. They're like $54 normally, but I saw a discounted one on Ebay for under $20 including postage. I assume other cordless tool systems may be coming out with similar compact options, might be worth watching for.
I bought the 12V charger for my Ryobi 18V system. The charger stays in the camper.

Patrick w

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2021
So is it pretty easy to dump out every day. we would only use it for nighttime pee breaks. We usually camp at campgrounds for other bathroom needs. we don't boondock camp.
You use a liner bag. I then use either gelling powder (urine gel) but I am trying out these commode pads.. it seems to work well. The powder does about 32 oz with a little less than a tablespoon of powder. The pad says it does 32 oz. If you pee more than that dump either more powder or another pad.

Camping Party of 2

Nov 4, 2020
NC
We added the

AstroAI 12 Volt Refrigerator 58 Quart Portable Freezer Car Refrigerator

and
VTOMAN Jump 1000 Portable Power Station 1000W, 1408Wh Solar Generator and 200W panels

PopAnimal

Oct 26, 2022
Southern New Mexico
Only 1 more counter to paint, flooring to lay down( that will be tricky, my fault i like creative patterns and lots of cutting peel and stick). Have a very long wishlist. And have been learning about generators and tire and wheel sizes.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
It's been too cold to do anything in the trailer itself, not to mention windy. I noticed the other day that the cover is developing a hole over one gutter spout, which is out of my reach for patching.
I decided I wanted to add an April trip to Grand Canyon into the mix, but so far, have been out of luck in finding campsites in the park that our trailer will fit in. I sort of expected that, since it's only about 3 months away.

PopAnimal

Oct 26, 2022
Southern New Mexico
It's been too cold to do anything in the trailer itself, not to mention windy. I noticed the other day that the cover is developing a hole over one gutter spout, which is out of my reach for patching.
I decided I wanted to add an April trip to Grand Canyon into the mix, but so far, have been out of luck in finding campsites in the park that our trailer will fit in. I sort of expected that, since it's only about 3 months away.
Kitphantom, we have had our share of days here down south, heck we even had snow. I'm on call this weekend so should be able to get some stuff knocked out. Did see someone on here painted the vinyl flooring, so thats in my head instead of peel and stick. I'm also planning an April trip but not sure because I was supposed to have already done a shakedown this month. Just got to get TV back in full working order. Did manage a driveway camp and was awoke freezing at 4am, back to the house. lol

NLB

Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
Rebuilt the upper crank lift assembly. Should be good for another 17 years. Pretty good video on YouTube by Carolina Campers, and parts provided by Coleman Popup Parts.
Thanks Derek, and Chuck!